He really called the Mayor.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He really called the Mayor.

Well I need a Car Canopy/Port/Tent with 4 walls now, anyone know where I can buy one and not have it shipped? Just to go, pay and bring it home.

Here is the story:

My neighbor is such a P$^#K he called the mayor of my city on me.

They could have cited me for illegally working on a car in my driveway.

But instead they got me on:

Inoperable/Unregistered cars in Driveway
Junk on property (I didn't know a fully engine ready to install was junk?)
Debris on property (Well.. I need a stable lift point for my jacks?)

But legally, it's on the verge of having my car towed and impounded.

So I put a car cover over my car and put the 'Cuda in a garage.
The car cover isn't working, so I figured I'd try to get a canopy.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
........and THAT is why I live on 10 acres in the boonies!
Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 170 Likes on 166 Posts
RR -

Not trying to be a smart@$$, but make sure the canopy doesn't qualify as a "structure without a permit". No, I'm not kidding.

Unless you're creating a hazard or eyesore, never thought working on a car in your own driveway was illegal

Archer
Old 08-06-2010, 06:26 PM
BAD

If he has any lawn ornaments or stuff do the same thing and call the mayor and say that stuff is junk on his yard.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It is illegal in most trailer parks, or n'hoods with "associations" Buncha f#$^in condo *****! Thing is the rules have a point and purpose, but don't differentiate between the guy restoring/fixing a car, or the douchebag that lets the 1983 Oldsmovega sit there and rust for 10 years! I lived with a girlfriend for a while whos house was part of an association. I worked for a company that gave me a van as a company vehicle because I was on call 24 hrs. They started harassing us cause there were no commercial vehicles allowed according to their charter. It was a new, clean, tasteful signage, Ford van with a ladder rack. Thats all! Recently, there was this guy in the local paper that was an ex-marine, and flew the USMC flag. Well, they dicked him because the charter said only the U.S. flag may be displayed!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will take your roadrunner off your hands, PROBLEM SOLVED!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Every town I have ever lived in has some variation of an ordinance prohibiting unregistered/inoperable vehicles on the property unless stored in a garage. That's gonna be the hardest thing to overcome. You can always clean up the junk, but finding a way to keep the car there is tough. The 4 wall car port/canopy might not be good enough for the town. The other option would be to make it roadworthy and tag it.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
You need to look into your town laws regarding those "tents". I know around here they are clasified as a "temporary structure" and do not require a permit.

I'm not too sure about having a non-regsistered vehicle in the driveway though, I don't think that is allowed but most cops around here over look it unless they are called out to it.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 AM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Originally Posted by Archer
RR -
, never thought working on a car in your own driveway was illegal
Archer
i live in one of those association hoods, grass no taller than 2 inches blaw blaw blaw, we are not spose to have car being worked on in the drive way, i still do, i make sure i moon every one as im bent over the hood working on the car, lol
Old 08-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Mopar Fan

You might be able to find one if you have a Northern Tools or Academy sports. They're in what amounts to a large tent box and go for about 100-200 bones.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Well one other guy had this car covered up, it wasn't running and he got bagged. Once I was called, the City bagged everyone else because of this guy. He's doing this because it's his insurance money that paid for it all, and he's peeved.

The ONLY way I could make it legal is to sign it over to my parental and she puts insurance/registers it as an antique. But then it won't be MY car anymore, which discerns me. This is rough :\.

On the other hand we have a 4 car driveway, we should be allowed to have it there, the guy that called has a 2 car driveway and parks in the street and puts his lawn chairs and ornaments in the driveway, who the hell does that?

It's come down to the point either I sell it or sign it over. I have some guys looking at it for about $8000. Atleast if it's sold it's a profit and I can get another one for cheap, no real fixing up and I can make it legal myself with the $3,000 profit.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Mopar Fanatic

no dont give in and sell. Who cares if you mom "owns" the car, its still really yours. Just throw it in the backyard for now if you can.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Can't throw it in the back, Driveway doesn't lead to it. And if she owns the car, I have to hand over the keys.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, i know exactly how you feel, i've bin dealing with this for almost a year with the Polara my neighbors have bin doing the same thing.

dont ever give up your car for any one or anything unless YOU want to get rid of it cause YOU dont want it anymore, not cuase some a$$ clown is mad @ u.

i did this with my Polara get teh car out of there for about a week if you can bring it back put it int he drive way front end facing the street and cover it up really good. as long as they cant see the tag or the lacking of lol, they cant do anything. as long as it looks like a tagged running car they cant get you, they cant tell you to uncover it and start it up or anything. i put an old tag on mine so it looked like it was tagged, and secure the cover down so no one but you can remove it. it works well thats how i've bin dodgeing the county for the past few months.

if you want to put it in a structural thing. go out and get some wood and build a frame around the car and nail a tarp around the wood. you might be able to get them on a technicality thats its a structure with 4 walls, they never said what the walls have to be made of.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Well it has an antique plate, but it's a bogus plate, no tags. The city zoning enforcement already knows it's there, nothing I can do about it now except go to court and tell them my story. Everyone knows it runs and drives, they've seen it out in the neighborhood (illegally ofcourse, but no real proof lol). Car cover didn't work, called them and they said "No, we know it's there already" so Wednesday I'm calling about the car port, if that's not a fix then it does have to go or signed over to my parental.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Admin

Why can't you reg/insure it?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:57 AM
Mopar Lover

Because it costs ILL amounts of money for a kid to insure a car.

My Dart is in my dad's name....that's worked for me for a while. Classic insurance might not work for you either though, because some of them have age limits. I know I couldn't find one that would cover someone under 25.

In the meantime:
http://www.harborfreight.com/portable-garage-42211.html
Old 08-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Admin

Yeah it cost me some $$$ for insurance when I was a teen as well, but he could regsister it and then they can leave him alone. Unless of course insurance is required in the start of RI.

In NH it is not.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Point the front of the car to the road. Cops won't take time to get out and see if it has legal tags or not.
Unless of coarse you put a doughnut on the hood.

You could take the doughnut over to your neighbor as a peace offering.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Insurance would only cost me $130/month but as a daily driver. Antique I don't need to have it inspected, because at this moment it wouldn't pass.

There is no resolving the conflict between me and my neighbor. I've fought his brother before because of the Roadrunner, just turned 18, did everything I wanted with the loser's money and his brother gets angry? I never even knew he had one.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Mopar Lover

I got it all figured out... Its the 86 Fiero that's drawing the heat....lmao
I'd call the mayor too...lmfao...
Ya got a matching skirt for the Fiero....lmao
Old 08-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Lol well the GT is tucked away in the garage with it's little 8cyl.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Mopar Fanatic

why would you have to hand over the keys to your mom????
Old 08-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Because she doesn't want me driving on her insurance
Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RROriginals
Well it has an antique plate, but it's a bogus plate, no tags. The city zoning enforcement already knows it's there, nothing I can do about it now except go to court and tell them my story. Everyone knows it runs and drives, they've seen it out in the neighborhood (illegally ofcourse, but no real proof lol). Car cover didn't work, called them and they said "No, we know it's there already" so Wednesday I'm calling about the car port, if that's not a fix then it does have to go or signed over to my parental.
no proof except for the public bulletin board confession...
Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaradude
I got it all figured out... Its the 86 Fiero that's drawing the heat....lmao
I'd call the mayor too...lmfao...
Ya got a matching skirt for the Fiero....lmao
not just any girls drove a fiero, it was usually the trashy metal chicks... big hair, tied up ratt shirt...
Old 08-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by samuelcosmo76
Because it costs ILL amounts of money for a kid to insure a car.

My Dart is in my dad's name....that's worked for me for a while. Classic insurance might not work for you either though, because some of them have age limits. I know I couldn't find one that would cover someone under 25.

Hagerty covers down to age 18. Just got to find the right policy..
Old 08-09-2010, 02:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by johnthegoalie
not just any girls drove a fiero, it was usually the trashy metal chicks... big hair, tied up ratt shirt...
LMFAO, dont forget big heels and lots of gum
Old 08-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Lol, I never saw how my mother looked back then, nor do I want to. She wants me to get it running again sometime soon, but at this rate.. I dunno if that will happen.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Mopar Fanatic

sounds to me like your giving up. I was a 16 y/o high school kid with no job and my coronet. It didnt run, have windows, stop or anything, 2 years later shes a beauty, no excuses.

Quick Reply: He really called the Mayor.