HOPEFULLY GETTING ME ANOTHER CHALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
HOPEFULLY GETTING ME ANOTHER CHALLY!!!

Hey guys, I spotted me another chally! It has sat in a guys garage since 1995 (15 years)! Everthing about it is original, it's just a 318 car but the one I have now is too and I love it more than I ever thought possible. And it would be awesome to have another one next to it. Anyways its cool cause the car I'm looking at is pretty much identical to what mine used to be. It used to be, dark forest green white vinyl top and a 2 barrel 318, 727 slapstick. Only the one I'm looking at is non molested! It doesnt need much just a vinyl top, a radiator, and I'm going to have to pull the oil pan and get all the sludge cleaned out. Other wise it should be fine. But I'm going to slowly restore it to original, since it is a matching numbers car I don't want to mess that up, and my other one can be my Resto-mod. And I'm also getting an R/T hood out of the deal to put on my current chally. But the car is in another state, and hasn't been tagged since 1995. I'm not sure how it is going to work out, here in Oklahoma you are penalized for every year a car is not tagged! And the person selling the car has to have the car up to date before they can sell it legally. And if I bring it back here and they don't cut me any slack it's going to be about $750.00 to get the tag current! If that is the case I probably will not be able to get her pray for me guys!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck on getting the second Challenger! What year is it? Got pics?
Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Mopar Fan

For an all original car, it may be worth the extra outlay. Its great you want to keep it original, Im about tired of people ruining the value of thier cars by yanking out 318s or 273s. You can still build that 318 and have a really rare numbers matching car. Go for it!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Not sure about other states, but in Iowa if a car hasn't been on the road for three years(or more) and not tagged all you have to do is a sign a paper and pay the current year. Mine was not tagged for almost 9 yrs and I walked out with tags after paying $20! Something to look into.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree with Frank get it anyway the extra is worth it.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Mopar Fan

Your definitly a lucky guy. I cant find a challenger anywhere!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow im so glad I live in Detroit all you do here is pay for tags and or plates and pay for the tax on the vehicle never more then 80.00$
Old 02-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
got any pics of it?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Mopar Lover

.... Sadly I didnt get it guys. It was in springfield Missouri, on craigslist just type in challenger. But the guy has a 71 and 73 both are all original. But I would reccomend just blowing them off. I drove about 6 hours to find out the guy down right lied to me! I asked him before I ever left. How is the interior? how is the paint? is the motor still good? Any bad dents? he said NO their are not any dents, he said the paint was good all the way around except for on the passenger side door it was kind of cracking up a bit. And he said the driver side seat was pretty much shot and I asked him about rust, he said it has a little bit of a ripple in the trunk. And he said yeah all the motor needs is a radiator and probably just cleaned up after how long it has sat.... lol not the story when we got there the whole driver fender was caved in, in like 3 different places, the hood was bowed pretty bad, the back roll pan was completely crushed, both the passenger and driver seats were gone! well they were there but nothing left but springs! there was a rust hole going all the way through the top of the car. And then when I get there he starts to tell me that the motor needs rebuild thats why he parked it years ago, and the paint is terrible all the way around! the only picture he has of the car he managed to take a picture of where the paint was decent at. We told him it was quite a bit worse than we expected, he said well what did you expect? to get in it and drive off? I said I expect it to be what you told me! He said what was that? I explained to him and naturally oh no no no I wouldnt have said that. That Bastard, one of you guys should go look at it and when you find out how much he lies please just kick the living dog **** out of him! His excuse to the fender was.... Oh I forgot about that. How can you forget that the damn fender is caved in when you go to sell it? But I did manage to pick up an original R/T hood off of him for 300 and I got an extra center console and tail lights for 50 bucks! so it wasn't a completely waisted trip.

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 02-12-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rcknrolfender79
.... Sadly I didnt get it guys. It was in springfield Missouri, on craigslist just type in challenger. But the guy has a 71 and 73 both are all original. But I would reccomend just blowing them off. I drove about 6 hours to find out the guy down right lied to me! I asked him before I ever left. How is the interior? how is the paint? is the motor still good? Any bad dents? he said NO their are not any dents, he said the paint was good all the way around except for on the passenger side door it was kind of cracking up a bit. And he said the driver side seat was pretty much shot and I asked him about rust, he said it has a little bit of a ripple in the trunk. And he said yeah all the motor needs is a radiator and probably just cleaned up after how long it has sat.... lol not the story when we got there the whole driver fender was caved in, in like 3 different places, the hood was bowed pretty bad, the back roll pan was completely crushed, both the passenger and driver seats were gone! well they were there but nothing left but springs! there was a rust hole going all the way through the top of the car. And then when I get there he starts to tell me that the motor needs rebuild thats why he parked it years ago, and the paint is terrible all the way around! the only picture he has of the car he managed to take a picture of where the paint was decent at. We told him it was quite a bit worse than we expected, he said well what did you expect? to get in it and drive off? I said I expect it to be what you told me! He said what was that? I explained to him and naturally oh no no no I wouldnt have said that. That Bastard, one of you guys should go look at it and when you find out how much he lies please just kick the living dog **** out of him! His excuse to the fender was.... Oh I forgot about that. How can you forget that the damn fender is caved in when you go to sell it? But I did manage to pick up an original R/T hood off of him for 300 and I got an extra center console and tail lights for 50 bucks! so it wasn't a completely waisted trip.
That really bites. It will come back and bite him in the azz.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Mopar Lover

Yeah it really bites, but hey I finally got me a hood for mine. It's a good thing I kept my cool why I was there, other wize I would not have gotten the hood. But as soon as I saw the car I was about ready to jump down the guys throat! Cause that is a long drive! And a complete waist of gas money, I guess the guy thought that since we had come so far we would have taken the car no matter what it looked like. No it just makes you want the car less when you find out people lie to you after a drive like that. I didnt even want to talk to him about getting the car at a lower price. I mean I might have given him a grand for it if he was lucky. I agreed on $4500.00 before I went. He wants 12k for both of his cars (which are trashed Peices of ****! and they are both nothing but standard 318 models) and with that deal he was going to throw in 4 rusted through doors lol and a complete new brake system (which was just rotors and pads.... no master cylinder lines or calipers lol) and a rebuilt 340 and a rebuilt 440 and 2 rebuilt 727's... but Only god knows if they really are rebuilt with how much he lied, my guess is all he did was paint them. But word of warning to all here, stay away from this deal, the guy wants pretty much 12 thousand for 2 cars that need a complete restoration.... new doors fenders and gas tank and both quarters on the 71 and all interior and the roof of it looks like someone got on top of it and jumped on it till it just caved in lol. you already know about the 73... and like I said with how much this SOB lies no telling if the motors and trannies are any good.