Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love non-mopar guys.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I love non-mopar guys.

I play an online game, and someone was asking me what kind of car I had. (Mind you, my username has "Mopar" in it. Go figure )

Anyways, I said "A 68 Dart". His reply is "Oh nice! a 318 or a 225?" I reply with "Uh... a 440". "....Oh nice! a hemi!" And thats when the big argument started....
Old 10-30-2009, 11:43 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my favorite was a guy telling me his buddy had a similar car to mine except his buddy's had a slant six - keep in mind mine was running at the time
Old 10-31-2009, 01:55 AM
Mopar Lover

yeah I know it, I was talking to my bud [that happens to be a chev guy but very knowledgable to all things automotive, usually], about another guy I met that said he had a 68 hemi car but was not sure exactly what it was. My bud goes and says "oh that guy, i went to his place to check out his cars and that hemi car is a '50 something Desoto. It's got the original 392 hemi." I didn't have the heart to tell him that only chryslers came with the 392's, Desoto's did not. But I guess he can at least tell what an old style hemi looks like. The other guy [with the car] could not even tell me what year his car was or even what model it was.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:06 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
What gets me is a kid will come up to me in the pits and tell me how nice my car is and in the next breath they ask "What kind of a car is that?" When I tell them its a Barracuda they get this "deer in headlights" look and say "OH". The real smart ones then ask "Who made that?" When you tell them Plymouth again "OH". But in their defense the car is old enough to be their fathers age... Maybe I'm the one living in the past. Hell I feel the same way about the imports I see today?????? What kind of "rice burner is that?"
Old 10-31-2009, 03:12 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL. I know, ive had to deal with people like that too. I work for G.M. have for 15 yes. but Ive been a mopar man for 28. and I religiously wear my mopar gear to work, EVERY day. a guy comes up looks at me and says. 327. I look at him, WHAt? 327, he repeats okay, i says 340. so we went back and forth, 350,383, 402, 400, 396, 440, 427. I looked at the guy and s,iled, and said, 426 hemi, now shut up and let me do my job. he looked down then was gonna say something else so I shut him down again, hey i says, did you know that most of the non mopar drivers in nhra are using the keith black veriation of the mpar hemi motor? he walked away and never botherd me again.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:07 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
It's funny how many people think they know vehicles when they really don't. Heck, Heather showed up a kid in college that was in the automotive program about vehicle knowledge. The kid shut right up and was made fun of by his peers after that.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 AM
EsE
Mopar Fan

Lol those are good stories. I have a 71 Satellite thats been called every ford and chevy under the sun ive been asked if it was an impala, nova, biscayne, torino, maverick, only one guy has ever stopped by to look at it and knew what it was. The younger people usually just say oh but the older fellas that stop by almost wanna argue with me that im wrong lol.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I was at a show this past summer and was talking to a group of guys when 1 of them ask me witch car was mine , I pointed it out to him and he sead that is a nice corvar you have there, let me remind you that I wear all my badges
Old 10-31-2009, 08:06 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my car has been repeately called a gto
Old 10-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
gee, I thought it was me! I get people telling me nice camaro!
Old 10-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Heather's grandfather saw a picture of the front end of my Valiant and asked "what year Pontiac?". lol
Old 10-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Mopar Lover

haha
Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 PM

There's a lot of confusion out there. Except in Detroit. God bless Detroit! The last place on the planet a 16 YO girl can ID a '69 Camaro or a '68 Charger without blinking. I found that out in '02 when I went up for the Woodward Dream Cruise. The whole place is dedicated.

10 years ago while moving from Utah to Florida and trailering my '69 Shelby GT350 someone walks by and says "nice Charger"...

Go figure.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by 67 GTX
haha
Well, that is a sweet Chevelle..
Old 11-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Polaradude
Well, that is a sweet Chevelle..
shhhhhhh
Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Stinkwheel
you guys think you have problems.............

Try living in a country where NO mopars we're ever imported. Ive had people just blatantly not even know what a dodge is, let alone not know what a coronet is..........you have to laugh.

Then when some kid comes up in his 'hotted' up plastic body kitted modern euro ford focus or similar and your 35 yr old wagon picks up its heels and walks away from him at the the lights you just GOTTA watch the look on his face
Keep up the good work mate.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Mopar Fan

Cars have a real cookie-cutter look now so it's no surprise that people can't tell the difference between a 61 Chevy and a 69 Satellite.
Too bad-their loss, but I forgive anybody that wasn't around when those cars were new a lot more than some guy that grew up with them making major mistakes at IDing older cars.
It's almost like they slept through a whole era.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Mopar Lover

oh yeah no matter how many times i tell people my 383 is a big block wedge motor . i always get corrected that its a small block hemi . 383 are small blocks & i should get a big block 440 hemi for my ute . I've even had machine shops tell me about my small block hemi 383 . oh & how many times I've been told about 318 fireball hemis . I'm i the fark head , just like standing around watching everybody smoking cigarettes & drinking **** i think if I'm the only one not smoking & drinking & taking pills i really must be a fark head . so many fark heads so few bullets .
Old 11-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Mopar Lover

Nice. lol. I have a really nice 73 challenger. Infact it even has MOPAR really big on each of the rear quarters. Well, I run a booth at a flea market on the weekends. I love driving it out there and listening to all the talk about it. Well, first off I'm 20 years old. I had 2 guys about my age maybe a bit older walk up to the car eyeballing it like crazy. They said "Nice charger Man!!" I say No its a challenger. They say OH, they ask whats it got in it? I said nothing special but a matching numbers 318, but am looking for a 426 hemi for it. This moron lol says **** Fu*k that! I'd put a 454 in this bitch! I looked at the guy, in awe lol. And then just started cracking up laughing at him. He is standing there looking at me all confused like, and says what? I said nothing but you should do your homework before you talk to a guy about his car, it would save you alot of embarrassment. So of course he would'nt leave me alone, I had to explain to him that first and foremost that its a dodge/ chrysler, and second that a 426 hemi is one of the most valuable motors in existence. Also when he said nice Charger. That happens about a thousand times a day lol. You would be surprised at how many people say charger, when it has challenger emblems all over it. Then I get older gentlemen come up and say that and then start talking about their "charger they had just like it" back in the day lol.

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 11-21-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:28 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Where I live in Florida is Mopar Country! Everyone knows and those who don't just nod their heads and drool. People at worst call my Satellite a Belvedere, GTX, or roadrunner...except I have to explain that there were no GTX's or roadrunners in 66 for those who are senile or watched too much fast and the furious the night before. Only one kid has ever challenged me on my mopar knowledge....we have never seen him again. I own 5 classic/muscle cars 3 of which are mopars.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Mopar Lover

haha
some people are so ignorant
Old 11-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Mopar Lover

Tell me about it lol
Old 11-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Mopar Lover

well at the end of the day i forgive almost everybody because most people don't even know what mopar is over here . it's only the big mouth gm dudes that don't even own cars or drive 3.8 lt v6s or ls1 / ls2 gm commodore's that say to me " those big old heavy tanks " well btw there new power everything peaces of ***** weigh 1850 kgs & my big old heavy tank with me in it weighs 1420 kgs ( 3240 odd lbs) theres over 800lbs difference . yes thats the face they pull when there 350 rwhp vt /vy commodore's only pulls 14's & my ( old 270 rwhp ) heavy tank pulls mid 13's yes they still don't believe me although it says on the sale brochure the they weigh 1850 whopping kgs . i laugh & say the track don't Ly & track also brakes there cars . i assume there look at me 20" wheels wouldn't help or there big flapping Chev lips might act as a parachute . & oh & there v8's only sound like v8s above 5500 rpms . at leased they have v8s i suppose because if the coolies stopped buying them they will be gone for ever . & leased there not poofter turbo drivers with built in *****'s in the drivers seat . oh & i really love how my new lovely missus hounds the farking **** out of me , she hates mopar forums but if i had to choose mopar forums or her it would be you guys .
Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by 78D200
It's funny how many people think they know vehicles when they really don't. Heck, Heather showed up a kid in college that was in the automotive program about vehicle knowledge. The kid shut right up and was made fun of by his peers after that.
thats what we tell our big mouthed chevy mates
Old 11-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Mopar Lover

or threaten to bash em
Old 11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Mopar Lover

you want to here one that is really pathetic...... I was at my fvorite eating establisment where I know everyone......( ok, so it's a truck stop...)
So, I ask the waitress (wont call her out) "have you seen Dennis around latley" (friend of mine). She says" yeah I saw him a couple hours ago, he just went out and bought a new charger"........"that crazy" I says " how much did he pay for it?" she says" $34000 or more" so I say "holy crap"
that's a lot of money".......Other friends of mine are sitting around and they confirm the story, even a close friend of mine says he went out and went for a ride to the store in it. "Man,that thing is fast" he says.......... So I leave ya know and go back to work and I'm thinking " I dont think that a new charger cost that much....any way, I forget about it for a while, get back to driving my truck. Then later in the day, I'm driving past the truck stop on the Interstate. I can see the parking lot from the interstate, I look over and by the front door is sitting what appears to be a brand new dodge challenger, white with the R/T package. All of a sudden I realize that people cannot even tell the difference between the new challenger and the newer dodge charger!!Why, because I just know that that is the car that Dennis would buy if he would walk into a Dodge dealership. (BTW he's 68 goin'n on 18, I callem the world's oldest teenager) Anyway, I get off from work, get in my pickup and drive straight to the truck stop. Sure enough, there is the white chally sitting in the same spot as earlier. I walk in and sure enough, there is Dennis sitting in his usual spot. He looks over and the first thing out of his mouth is " hey, how do you like my new char..challenger" ..................
........"SWEEEET"............i says
Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Mopar Lover

Nice, well its good to see that its not just the old one that gets mistaken for a charger lol. But it is a bit worse I guess. Cause if you ask me the new "charger" was one dodges mistakes. I mean it looks nothing like an old one, it really just looks like a family sedan. But the challenger, yeah they did a pretty dang good job on that. You know if I were ever hired at a car manufacturing company, as a designer I bet you I could make them some hella good profits. It's not that hard to figure out that people like OLD, just friggin figure out what body style of each car people are most after now a days and REPRODUCE the dang thing! Of course upgrade it with a fuel injected engine and maybe make the interior a little more luxurious, but leave the body basically the same! Like the new camaro...... it was supposed to be like a '69..... ummmmmmmmm NO lol the only thing that even closely resembles a first gen is the grill and it doesnt really even look like it. And the rear end on the new crapmaro's... WTF were they thinking???!!! that is just ugly! it looks like a cobalt from behind! I am a huge MOPAR fan so dont get me wrong here, but I honestly think Dodge has done the worst job of reproducing a car, with the charger. Thats just a mistake all the way around if you ask me. Nothing about it says muscle, where as the old ones... well everything said if you pull up next to me your going to be chewed up and spit out! lol

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 11-30-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcknrolfender79
. But the challenger, yeah they did a pretty dang good job on that..... Thats just a mistake all the way around if you ask me. Nothing about it says muscle, where as the old ones... well everything said if you pull up next to me your going to be chewed up and spit out! lol
Sorry to chop your quote, but it's amazing how quickly everyone forgets this turd wearing a misleading badge that read challenger..... Whats even sadder than that is in Florida, you could get an antique plate for this bucket!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Mopar Lover

Trust me I didnt forget that one. I meant they did a good job on the new ones. But yeah that P.O.S. was pretty terrible also.

Quick Reply: I love non-mopar guys.