General Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My e-mail traffic with Texas Acres and how I was treated

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My e-mail traffic with Texas Acres and how I was treated

Below is my initial e-mail traffic with Texas acres, I have included everything to include the headers so you can see dates time and so on. These are in reverse so you will have to go to the bottom of this post and work your way up (I'm posting as is from my hotmail):

These are already out. There is a couple of inches of metal just after the curve to the floor area.

Ron

Please use our SECURE order form at www.texasacres.com Visa and Master card accepted

GET REAL--------------------------------------------GET MOPAR

----- Original Message -----
To: txacres@earthlink.net
Sent: 6/24/2009 7:17:39 PM
Subject: RE: Parts Inquiry

Hi Ron,

I was wondering if the Tunnel is out of the car already or will you need to cut it out? The reason I ask is two fold, first I need a little extra on each side up front and second I only need a small portion of the back which may save me on shipping. I can send pictures to show you what I mean if that would be convenient for your.

Thanks for your time,
Tony

To: airbornesilva@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:46:16 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} Shipping will go by way of UPs oversized ground for $46.50

Ron

Please use our SECURE order form at www.texasacres.com Visa and Master card accepted

Sent: 6/17/2009 2:40:06 PM

Ron,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. That sounds good, I will definitely take it but it will have to wait for next pay day (in about two weeks), how much will shipping cost? My zip code is 22003.

Thank you again,
Tony

> From: txacres@earthlink.net
> To: AirborneSilva@hotmail.com
> Subject: RE: Parts Inquiry
> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:42:29 -0500
>
> Tony,I have the complete tunnel from the fire wall seam to the back seat
> for $125. Thanks for the e-mail.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Ron
>
> Please use our SECURE order form at www.texasacres.com Visa and Master
> card accepted
>
> GET
> REAL--------------------------------------------GET MOPAR
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > [Original Message]
> > From: <AirborneSilva@hotmail.com (Tony Silva)>
> > To: <ordersfromweb@texasacres.com>
> > Date: 6/16/2009 8:06:41 PM
> > Subject: Parts Inquiry
> >
> > Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
> > Tony Silva (AirborneSilva@hotmail.com) on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at
> 20:06:40
> >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > year: 1965
> > make: Dodge
> > model: Polara
> > zipcode: 22003
> > parts_wanted: I need a tranny tunnel for my 65 Polara. Thank you, Tony
> >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > REMOTE_ADDR: 70.179.112.18
>
>
Old 07-26-2009, 06:54 AM

Now, here's the e-mail traffic after I had bought and paid for the part. Note when he said it would ship and also take note of when I asked if it had shipped or not and his attitude about it, also his glossing over of how long it took for them to it to me. I will upload pictures of what I got as well as pictures of my actual tunnel, they DO NOT match. Again you will have to read from the bottom of this post up and all the headers are there for dates:

Once again I'm sorry for the problem I caused you.Most of the time there is not a Hurry up date we have to deal with. This is not a something I have to deal with all the time and every once in awhile things just go wrong.

Ron

Sent: 7/17/2009 4:07:12 PM
Subject: RE: parts order

Ron,

You said that you were going to ship it by the end of the week that I had ordered it, if you go back through this e-mail you will see that you said just that. I was counting on the part getting there before I departed on my TDY so I would have had time to work on it, so you see there really was/is a problem, now my wife has had to deal with a large box which further adds to the problem. As for shipping time please do not be so condescending, I used to work for FedEx Ground so I am well aware of how long an oversized part should take, when I get home it will be interesting to see the dates on the box.

I'm sorry that you are over worked and under staffed but if you tell someone you are going to ship a part by a certain day and you can not make that shipping date then the least you could have done is to send out an e-mail letting me know it wasn't going out so I'm not sitting waiting for it. That's just good business!

Sincerely,
Tony

Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:58:25 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} Tony,
I'm sorry your displeased .As I said we were behind a couple of days and ship items as they are ordered,you were not at the top of the list that day,plus this was UPS ground oversized,which also takes more time than smaller items.We are open Tue- Friday so the actual work days do not add up to 2 weeks. Your shipment was sent in a timely manner and since you are not working on the vehicle and this was not holding you up I fail to see the problem .
As far as condition of the part, it is as I said and priced very reasonable for such a labor intensive item. The main tunnel to the curve of the floor from seam to seam is straight,undamaged,and rust free. We always offer pics of the items if requested.
Thank you for your patience

Ron

Sent: 7/17/2009 6:00:16 AM

I did get the reply, thanks, but in the reply you said it would be going out by the end of that week. My wife told me it finally arrived this Wednesday, that's two weeks and one day after I bought and paid for it. I am on TDY here in San Antonio Tx. so I will not be able to see what was shipped andin what shape it arrived until next weekend (the weekend of the 25-26 July) , I certainly hope that the tunnel is in better shape then your shipping department but confidence is not too high since the communication as well as the speed of shipping is certainly lacking.

Tony

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:58:30 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} I sent a reply to your that it would leave by way of UPS .We are a couple of days behind and it will leave on Thursday.
Thanks

Ron

Sent: 7/7/2009 4:21:23 PM

Has my part shipped yet? I haven't heard anything one way or the other.

Thanks,
Tony

To: AirborneSilva@hotmail.com
Subject: parts order
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:01:49 -0500

Thanks for the order.I'll ship it out this week by wya of UPS ground oversize.

Ron

Old 07-26-2009, 07:14 AM

Ok, here's pics of what I got and what I have, after all the bull crap you read above!

What I got;

And this is what I have;

Now granted I am not a professional auto restorer but it certainly does not appear that these two tunnels match, just my untrained eye....... You make the call on the e-mails as well as the pictures of what I got - did I get screwed and jerked around or what?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I could be wrong also but it looks like they sent you a B-body tunnel.
Definitly not the one you have. Maybe they were thinking '64 polara which was a B.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:53 AM

That's what I think too, that they sent me a B-body tunnel and that's why I made sure that I specified and thought that I made it clear that I was looking for and ordered (not that you can see MY first e-mail when I actually made the order since it was not included on his response).
Old 07-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Mopar Lover

My e-mail from Ron

I contacted Texas Acres to see if anything could be done. Below is Ron's return letter to me.

Hi Grant,
I have never delt with this customer before now. He called and ordered a
tunnel and asked if some of the floor could be included. I informed him
they were alresdy cut out at the curved area where the floor and tunnel
meet. He said O.K. and that he would just need to patch the floor up to
it.I said I would be able to send it out by the end of the week. I got
busier than expected and didn't get it shipped as soon as I said. Of course
I didn't think this was much of a problem at the time and it would still
arrive in an acceptable number of days.
He e-mail very upset about the time frame which surprise me because he
said he was not even home to work on it since he was on duty in San
Antonio.I tried to appologize for the delay and explained why it didn't
leave as I first said. He still was not happy just because of what I said I
would do concerning the shipping day. As far as it not being correct I have
not been inform of this till now. I stand behind my parts and it should be
correct. If not I'll send another,but I would need to see pics first.
Tom has been my Web Master since he fist began .I think I was among the
first 3-5 customers he had,plus I have been in business over 20 yrs and
this is th FIRST time I have had a customer I could not please.
I'll forword the e-mails between me and Mr.Silva.

Thankyou

Ron
:
Old 07-28-2009, 01:09 PM

You can tell him that he doesn't need to forward you the e-mails since I have already posted them to include the headers so all can see the time and dates involved! He is also tending to gloss over the fact that I WAS HOME when they parts should have been shipped out and would of had a couple of days minimum to work on my car before I had to leave for TDY. I will send him an e-mail telling him I am not happy, I really don't think he will stand behind his screw-up and I will have to not only ship back his part but will have to pay to ship it back too and I'm not going to do that.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Hey, I am trying to help you get the right part and get things sorted. Perhaps you should tone down the hostility a bit so we can get the desired result. I would be very surprised if Ron doesn't fix this but as mentioned above being hostile towards people that are trying to help you isn't helping.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Polaradude
Hey, I am trying to help you get the right part and get things sorted. Perhaps you should tone down the hostility a bit so we can get the desired result. I would be very surprised if Ron doesn't fix this but as mentioned above being hostile towards people that are trying to help you isn't helping.
LOL and you're not being hostile now Perhaps if you read my experience with my charger (http://tonysilvajr.com), re-read the e-mail traffic and pay attention to the headers also to his tap dancing and then perhaps you would see why I am none too happy with what transpired. your sudden change in attitude is not helping my serinity either. If you haven't walked in my shoes then don't judge me
Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Mopar Lover

My e-mail from Ron

Here is the last e-mail I received from Ron just now.

Yes my people did send the incorrect part. I e-mailed Tony that I would
send out the correct one or give a refund and to not bother about sending
the other one back. This is the way I handle any of our mistakes if given
the opportunity.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:28 AM

Here is the last e-mail I received from Ron just now.

Yes my people did send the incorrect part. I e-mailed Tony that I would
send out the correct one or give a refund and to not bother about sending
the other one back. This is the way I handle any of our mistakes if given
the opportunity.
We got it worked out.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 AM

Here is the last bit of e-mail traffic, again you will need to start at the bottom and work your way up to make sense of it:

Thank you Ron,

I'm certainly sorry for my part in what transpired, I'm really not an ***, no really I'm not

Thanks again,
Tony

Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:40:29 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}
Tony,
Wow! I see why you are so gun shy now from looking at your site. I regret that our mistakes added to your bad experiences over the net.
I'm going to get your tunnel on the way now.
Thanks

Ron Stitt

Sent: 7/29/2009 6:44:30 AM

Ron,

Thanks for the quick reply, also thank you for stepping up and taking care of this.

I don't want to beat a dead horse so I will just say if this is the communication I had gotten in the first place this wouldn't have come to the point it did. Also, if you care to read why I have little patients and am very untrusting of people selling things on the net you can go to my site at www.tonysilvajr.com and read about my experience with my Charger and a company called HLPAG out of Illinois.

I will also post up your reply as well as mine, along with the headers, so folks can make up their own mind as to what transpired, also what should or shouldn't have.

Tony

Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:10:31 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}Thanks for the pics of the wrong part my people sent.I will send out the correct one and don't worry about a return.This is how I would normally handle a mistake we made.
Once again I'm sorry for the problems we ran into.Sometimes things just go wrong and this one turned out very wrong. I didn't think I was ever "testy"but if that's how you read it ,I'm sorry.
Posting the problems we ran into before we have had a chance to correct them is a little unusual,but you have to do what you feel is right. Be sure to let everyone know I'm working with you to get the correct part ,not because of you complaining to others,but because that is what I would have done to begin with.You would never had been out of any money,just the time delay in getting the part.
Thankyou
Ron Stitt

Sent: 7/28/2009 3:19:03 PM

I have informed Grant that I will send you an e-mail telling you that I am not happy at all with my purchasing experience with you. First you don't ship the part on time and all you had to do was send a quick e-mail explaining that you had gotten way too busy and apologize for the delay in shipping but I had to send an e-mail asking for the information and when I did you get testy about it. Now, I have a part that is not what I ordered and paid for so I really can't use it and will not pay to ship it back either. I'll take this one in the rear but will never do business with you again and will let everyone know of my experience too. I will keep the e-mail traffic between you and I to prove my point (it shows dates and time in the headers as well as attitude in the body of the e-mails), I have posted the e-mail traffic on a MOPAR website and will probably do so on three other sites (MOPAR), that I frequent and let people make up their own minds. I also posted pictures (and will send them to you), of what my tunnel looks like and what I got from you.

Tony
Old 07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Mopar Fan

Looks like Ron is a stand up guy. From what I have read, I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him at all. I will be sure to contact him for parts on my project charger.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by ngc414
Looks like Ron is a stand up guy. From what I have read, I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him at all. I will be sure to contact him for parts on my project charger.
Yes they are good guys at texas acres.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are lucky they are honest good people to deal with. You should have completely exhausted all your options before airing it in a public forum. He could have figured he had nothing to gain by helping you once you trashed him publicly, and told you to drop dead.

This should be a lesson. Think twice.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Mopar Fan

Originally Posted by Crazy4Carz.Com
You are lucky they are honest good people to deal with. You should have completely exhausted all your options before airing it in a public forum. He could have figured he had nothing to gain by helping you once you trashed him publicly, and told you to drop dead.

I agree 100%
Old 07-30-2009, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy4Carz.Com

Please don't condescend, if you would take the time to read a little of what I have been through with another dealer then perhaps you would see it from my point of view. I tried to find out why my part hadn't shipped and he got testy with me, so what in the hell would make me think that he would actually stand by what he shipped. I grew up trusting every one, so when I do on an internet deal I get screwed, then I try to talk it out, to go through the proper channels and they stick it in even further (with the help of a corrupt attorney general). Now if you want help that's cool but if all you want to do is be condescending so you can feel superior then.... well you know the rest I'm sure -
Old 07-30-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by ngc414
I agree 100%
Then read above what I wrote to him it goes for you too.. Good to see that you guys know so much and know me so damn well. Do some reading before you get so high and mighty, at least Ron was Man enough to see why I was not so eager to go through the sh$t and was willing to just cut my losses then to try and alert you guys to a possible bad vendor (they are out there if you would just read a bit). Ron was a Man about things, I maned up with him but don't think either of you will since you are too busy being superior.

Last edited by Polaradude; 07-31-2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: profanity
Old 07-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, everyone calm down
Old 07-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Mopar Lover

yeah dont make 67 GTX stop this band wagon we may not get any ice cream =))
Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by HemiSilva
Then read above what I wrote to him it goes for you too.. Good to see that you guys know so much and know me so damn well. Do some reading before you get so high and mighty, at least Ron was Man enough to see why I was not so eager to go through the sh$t and was willing to just cut my losses then to try and alert you guys to a possible bad vendor (they are out there if you would just read a bit). Ron was a Man about things, I maned up with him but don't think either of you will since you are too busy being superior.
I think when I suggested Texas Acres to you I mentioned the fact that they are good guys and would help you out. All of this could have been avoided if someone had some patients in the first place.

Last edited by Polaradude; 07-31-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: profanity
Old 07-31-2009, 05:59 AM

I think when I suggested Texas Acres to you I mentioned the fact that they are good guys and would help you out. All of this could have been avoided if someone had some patients in the first place.
Patients, you moron, if you would JUST READ and take the time to look at the headers you will see that I had some patients. Also after getting screwed before you might stop and have some understanding (yeah like that is going to happen from a moron), as to why I started to question... you know what, just **** off, I'm tired of your sniveling bull crap.

I fully expect to be banned but it will well be worth it so I don't have to deal with you and your two other whinny buddies, you can just keep chasing folks away with your dumb ***...

Last edited by HemiSilva; 07-31-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:04 AM
Mopar Lover

Patients, you moron, if you would JUST READ and take the time to look at the headers you will see that I had some patients. Also after getting screwed before you might stop and have some understanding (yeah like that is going to happen from a moron), as to why I started to question... you know what, just **** off, I'm tired of your sniveling bull crap.

I fully expect to be banned but it will well be worth it so I don't have to deal with you and your two other whinny buddies, you can just keep chasing folks away with your dumb ***...
Now that's funny..hahaha
Old 07-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Hell kitten

Jeezus.

Look, I'm glad hemisilva got the correct part shipped. That's good. Unfortunately it got a little ugly, but in the end....it will be fine.

We don't need to call people morons and idiots. That's asinine. We are on this forum for a common reason, I thought. Silly me, I thought it was about Mopars.

The lessons here? Good communication ON BOTH SIDES. See posts above for reference materials.

Class dismissed.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Mopar Lover

: D

There is no reason for banning here. People get passionate about what is important to them. They post something they shouldn't, then rather than man-up and apologize, they defend it looking even more foolish. Don't worry eventually someone else will look stupid as well, and everyone will forget about you.

Heck it might even be me.....Nah that wont happen

Last edited by Crazy4Carz.Com; 07-31-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Hell kitten

It'll be me. I'm sure. I do it pretty regularly, just not here (yet).
Old 07-31-2009, 09:01 AM
thinkin with me dipstick

betcha these guys have more "patients" than all of you...

Last edited by johnthegoalie; 07-31-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Mopar Lover

Come on over to our forums. We don't ban anybody. The guys there love this stuff. (ha) Everyone welcome.

I sent you a PM as well.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:29 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

Old 08-02-2009, 05:12 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by johnthegoalie

That's funny right there. Took some effort and thought.

Quick Reply: My e-mail traffic with Texas Acres and how I was treated