09 Challenger R/T recall

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
09 Challenger R/T recall

I bought a new Challenger, and tickled to death with it, but yesterday I went out to start it and go shopping. All I got was a rhthmic click, and a code that popped up on the dash after I stopped trying to crank it "00039".

Called the dealership, and of course their service Dept was closed, they said to go ahead and try jumping it (duh) so I did. It started, and on starting, the code cleared, but all the guages dropped back to 0 for a second, and I guess re-set as well. It did it again after the cables were disconnected, then the third time starting, it started normally.

They had told me to call them back with the results, and when I did, they said there's a "memo", not a recall, that the R/T models have a problem with the batteries and battery cables, and mine may be part of that, call them Monday to find out. I asked if it was ok to drive, and they said they don't know, but they wouldn't drive it till I find out what's up with it. And of course the number in the Owner's Manual is closed as well....

Oh well, guess this is a good time to clean it up, huh?
Old 04-18-2009, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you take it in they would still have to fix it though.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am scared it's a sign of things to come Buck.