i need more compression

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:57 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i need more compression

because of my high duration cam 311* / 251/250 @ .050" i'll need more compression to make it work . whats the best way to go about it .
i have stock type flat top pistons no valve reliefs .
stock deck height
906 83 cc open chamber 2.14 / 1.81 valves .
no head milling

is just head milling good enough or deck the block or both ? i would like 10.0-1 + .
Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
To even try getting past 10:1 +. you'll need new pistons. And I'd go with the 516 heads personally...
Old 05-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deadkelly
because of my high duration cam 311* / 251/250 @ .050" i'll need more compression to make it work . whats the best way to go about it .
i have stock type flat top pistons no valve reliefs .
stock deck height
906 83 cc open chamber 2.14 / 1.81 valves .
no head milling

is just head milling good enough or deck the block or both ? i would like 10.0-1 + .
Do you know how much clearance you have now between valves and pistons and do you know how much is left between piston @ TDC and deck height. Start there bro.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Mopar Lover

I'm not replacing my pistons I'm using what i got . i may not reach 10.0 but the more the merrier .
my mate says mill .050" off the heads & be nice to do the same to the block . ?
fly cut pistons as well maybe . picking my heads up this arvo . start porting straight away gota go .
Old 05-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DK, check through your old mail, I sent you a chart for decking heads/intake etc.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by Polaradude
DK, check through your old mail, I sent you a chart for decking heads/intake etc.
yeah cool .
well just finished 2 hrs of porting , hehehe there starting to look like big block heads now . 3 1/2 hrs total so far .
Old 05-18-2009, 04:35 AM
Mopar Lover

almost finished 1 head waiting on longer burr . quite a diference , theres about 10 hrs already in the 1st head . around 2 1/2 -3 to go .
2nd head has had 2 hrs so far .
Old 05-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Mopar Lover

the latest .

Originally Posted by blue 68 gts
To even try getting past 10:1 +. you'll need new pistons. And I'd go with the 516 heads personally...
g'day fellas
i just had my block honed to take any tapper & get everything even & measured . 6 bores have cleaned up with .0035" clearance
1 @ .004
1 @ .0045
so I'm now buying forged pistons & honing the bores to suit the pistons . now i can get the higher compression . even though i can't afford them I'm just tunnel visioning & just buying them . it's what i need to conserve the life of my block , because mopar big blocks aren't common over here . especially 400/383 . i love the way they rev it sounds wicked a hard revving big block . ( in a road warrior type machine )
so i'll finish porting take'm back to the shop for machining the spring seats & final cut the valve seats , cc them & take it from there . 10.8:1 is what'd like , because it will need the compression for extra draw & cylinder pressure , to make my port volume work & that 106* over lap ect ect .

Last edited by deadkelly; 05-22-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
F&#*K all mate! I cant turn around without trippin over a 400 block. Sorry to hear that. I got people givin em to me so they dont have to move them. 106 over lap is a bit much, unless its a strip car. Got that in my Cheby, great at the track, bitch on the road. dont understand how you can have test matches for three days, take dinner breaks , and still not have a winner? Love Aussie rules footie though, hard to find on the telly. Good luck and take care ya bannana bender!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Mopar Lover

hahaha . well 106 a bit much but its what i got . to be honest i didn't think it was that shity on the street , it sounded lumpy but i thought that was great .
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Mopar Lover

So, can you make me understand what the point of test matches is? btw got to get the old camaro ready to sell. //will have som e good burnout pics to come.

Last edited by scotts74birds; 05-23-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
So, can you make me understand what the point of test matches is? btw got to get the old camaro ready to sell. //will have som e good burnout pics to come.
yeah for sure mate for 5 days we get to smash the poms ( tea drinking English ) all over the place . it's there game & we rule the world . they drive 4 cylinders on cobble streets in the rain . hahaha I'm of Scottish & Irish blood so any chance to have a crack at a pom I'm there . to be honest mate most people don't watch test matches they just go to get blind drunk & give crap to the opposition supporters . one dayers & limited overs games are a bit better that's when they try to smash the ball over the grand stand . mate i 'm not a cricket dude , there's not enough violence , as for that AFL ( Aussie rules ) that's crap as well . that's for kids with gay dads or single mums that don't want to see there lil *** bleached hair , piercings & colorful girly tattoos down there arms & legs pussies get hurt playing a mans game . rugby league & rugby union or boxing . rugby union is a rich peoples game , rugby league is a working mans game makes you hard . i would also bet that more league players would drive v8s .
haha i know you like AFL but i can't stand the way they push & shove each other . F#$K THAT you push i punch . in league & union your not allowed to punch people ether but a man don't get pushed around . playing league you definitely wreck your body . both of my shoulders are stuffed & both knees . but there's something about smashing someone so hard with your shoulder , that you KO them & when your standing over the top of em & screaming who's next raaaaaagh what a feeling . & then he gets up shakes it off & back in to it . yeah mate there Aussie . in war that's who's watching my back & i'm watching theres .. hahahaha
years ago i was at a night club & there were all these American army guys & sailors there doing there smash dancing. me & my footy /boxing mate got onto dance floor & started shoulder charging all these dudes knocking em down . man these guys thought it was great they were buying us beers , saying America needs more friends like us ect ect . i think you guys should take off ya helmets & pads & harden up hahaha .
Old 05-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Mopar Lover

Every time I chat with ya, all the Aussie I picked up comes back to me. Talked with a bunch of old blokes a alot of ther RSL's we went to while there. [ Damn, wish we let our vets run pokies to help support themselves]. Bunch of you all went to 'Nam just because. Not your fight, but ya'll love a good fight. I mentioned I went to Silverton in the south on me bike to f$%k around and see the Road Warrior filming area. 'bout a day north of there was a mining town, stopped for the night and went to the pub, by me self. [My mate decided to play house and have a little root with a girl in canberra, I came there to ride, can always get a lay]. Anyhow, Being from Detroit, i'm abit of a dick, naturally,and dont take much ***** frome ANYONE! Well, as you know,looking like a bikie in Aus, you stand out like dogs *****, but thats the way I dress at home,thats how I run. I dont wear any colors. So the blokes started giving me the shoulder every time I , or they walked by. Just a bump at first, then more. I'd had enough. .finally had enough, knew that I wasnt getting out of there without a blue. Asked the guy if he'd like to step out back and talk about the weather. We' went out the back,down the steps, his mates all following and we squared off. The guy roundhoused me with a kick and I went down faster than a $2 hooker on fleet week! My luck I picked a fight with Bruce Lee! After a good cuss, I stood up and squared again, bloke asked "Who you with". What I said? He says Whos' your club. Said 'I dont ride with anyone' . I could see his face change, " youre a yank!" Accent gave me away. "Fuc& all! why didnt you say so?!" Bruce Lee reached out and shook me hand! "no worries mate, all good"! Strangest thing ever. Thought I'd be going to the dentist with a pocketful of teeth! Whent back in the bar like we'd been best friends for years. him and his friens were great and asked where I was staying, said I could sack out at their places. Already paid for the room at the HoeyMoey down the road , so had to decline. Ya'll a great bunch of blokes. Was also there for for ANZAC day and went to the militatry museum in canberra that weekend. No wonder you are all still pissed. Nothing like being cannon fodder for the poms. Well, toss the boss one for me buddy. Take care
Old 05-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Mopar Lover

yeah man when we go shooting out west every new pubs the same . especially when your in out back new south wales & ask for a xxxx ( four x beer for all the others ) the pub stops all eyes are on ya . they know ya from Queensland ( football enemies ) ya don't back down there just testing ya . I'm sure its like that all over world . if you show a bit of grit you'll earn there respect .
Old 05-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Mopar Lover

back to compression I'm having a look @ a 440 crank & eagle rods this arvo . if i get the crank that will give me more cid & up the compression & there is around 30 + hours on the heads now .
Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Mopar Lover

Dont know if theres anything I can do to help you out, but I'm about and hour down the road from Muscle Motors. Good luck on the porting
Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Mopar Lover

sorry I'm beyond help .

off topic .
Old 05-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Mopar Lover

I miss XXXX beer. VB was good, and Tooeys new also. Off topic as usual, sorry.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
I miss XXXX beer. VB was good, and Tooeys new also. Off topic as usual, sorry.
yeah i don't drink anymore i get into too much trouble . I've lost my shooters licence twice because alcohol fueled funny nights . i still have 1 1/2 years to go before i cam reapply . i " sold " all my rifles to people that i just " happen " to shoot with . i drank xxxx exclusively because I'm from Queensland but i think it tastes like **** . ( good thing i didn't stand in it )