Mopar Inheritance

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mopar Inheritance

Hello, long story short my family recently inherited a lot of old Mopar engines and engine parts. I believe most everything is from the 60's and 70's. I know very little about what we have other than some of it is worth a lot of money (I'm one of two car guys in the family). I also know that just because it's Mopar doesn't mean it's all gold. My family is itching to get the estate settled. That means, if I don't keep a vigilant eye parts could be headed to the scrap yard. I need to find these parts good homes and I need to do so in a way that honors the life work of the engine builder who collected them all. I hope this post isn't the blood in the water but can I get some suggestions on how I might go about getting values on these parts? By parts I mean stacks of exhaust manifolds, several short blocks (318, 383, 400, 440), cylinder heads, intakes, crankshafts, you get the point. I've begun compiling a list of casting numbers. I am new to this forum and I hope to avoid breaking any rules. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Should I make a generic post in the classifieds of some sorts? Everything is located in Washington not far from Oregon. I would love to see many of these parts go to a good home and to be frank, I want the family to split a fair value from the sale of these parts. What we do not want is a bunch of tire kickers roaming my grandmothers estate. As for myself, I am keeping the 1966 Chrysler 300 and a spare 383 in addition to the one already in the car. I plan to do a body-off restoration and the car will never be sold. A picture of my grandma and her boyfriend will have a permanent ride on the dash. Thank you for any suggestions/help. As it is now, I will most likely be hauling a load of stuff to the Portland swap meet in a couple weeks.

Last edited by jcb2147; 03-19-2023 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Poor grammar and it could still be better.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:31 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 170 Likes on 166 Posts
jcb -

As always, check with local speed shops, car meets (Mopar meets, if possible) and ask around. Pretty sure you'll have more than a few people interested.

Archer