Journey Radio Update question/problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Journey Radio Update question/problem

I have a 2013 Dodge Journey Crew 4x2 with the 8.4" touch screen radio/Nav - I believe its an alpine system. I have never had any problem with it. I started the vehicle and the screen flashes the normal Dodgle screen and then goes black. I turned the vehicle off and searched for a cure. Based on some Mopar forums I unplugged the negative battery cable for 30 minutes and when I connected the screen worked again for about a week. Important to note if I turn the vehicle off and set the key in the accessory position the radio screen works fine. All controls and buttons work. When I start the vehicle, it goes out. Also when the display is out my front windows will not go down but work fine with the power in the accessory position. The vehicle is 66 months old on the original battery so I had that replaced and attempted the 30 minute disconnect with no success.

It has been recommended to me to update the Uconnect Firmware. I checked and an update is available. Here is the problem. Dodge recommends you have the car running for the update so it has continuous power to complete the upgrade (about 20 minutes) If I start the vehicle, the display goes black?? --- If I attempt it with the power in the acc or run position, I can see the screen but the power should go off after 10 minutes. Can I extend that power from going off?

Rock and a hard place

Mark

markmalnar@gmail.com