Part(s) Wanted Post up what part(s) you are looking for here.

ROSETTE RIVETS NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ROSETTE RIVETS NEEDED

I am putting back together 70RR my dash has been restored and looks pristeen but i need two rossette rivets to put my vin plate back on.where can they be found at a reasonable price. i know ihave to bite the bullet and buy them but i here you can find them from 10 to 50 dollars.can anyone help me out there.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
NOBODY makes them, big legal problems if you do
Old 08-08-2013, 03:37 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You can re-use the originals, if you go to the bottom side of the rivet, use a pair of pliers to squeeze the spread portion together until they can be removed. Take a new 1/8th" rivet and remove the stud from it, and put it thru the removed rosette rivet you intend to re-use. You may have to use a stud to knock out the original popped off ball from the rosette rivet before you can install the new stud. After that point, just use it like a normal pop rivet. MOST times this works, but occasionally, it will not and you may have to take a set of rivets from a junked car. If you have to try a 2nd set, I'd suggest you use some sort of adhesive beneath the VIN plate, just as a secondary attachment, a way to feel more secure in the attachment.

At least this way you can make repairs to VIN mounting surfaces or paint beneath or around the plate without having problems or painting the plate.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BuckNeccid
You can re-use the originals, if you go to the bottom side of the rivet, use a pair of pliers to squeeze the spread portion together until they can be removed. Take a new 1/8th" rivet and remove the stud from it, and put it thru the removed rosette rivet you intend to re-use. You may have to use a stud to knock out the original popped off ball from the rosette rivet before you can install the new stud. After that point, just use it like a normal pop rivet. MOST times this works, but occasionally, it will not and you may have to take a set of rivets from a junked car. If you have to try a 2nd set, I'd suggest you use some sort of adhesive beneath the VIN plate, just as a secondary attachment, a way to feel more secure in the attachment.

At least this way you can make repairs to VIN mounting surfaces or paint beneath or around the plate without having problems or painting the plate.
Restorations by julius" has them $20 a pair shipped.thanx everbody