Vehicles for Sale Whole but do not need to be running

1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)

Hey guys, so back in December of last year, my '72 Dodge got into an accident. A truck driver clipped my drive-side rear wing, while changing lane. In full stopped traffic. Gotta have skills to manage something like that. He must have gunned it because he sent me flying into the other truck in front of me.

He spared the rear bumper by inches, but ripped the fender. The front of the car is pushed in and damaged as well.

Now this has never happened to me, and according to my issuance, it's up to me to take care of the car, either fix it, part it out, or crush it. And I have no idea what to do. It's parked in my garage.

I work a lot so I don't think I would have time to constantly bring in people now and then to let them pick parts. Or take them myself. My garage is narrow, not much room to move around.
Secondly, I do not really want to crush it, I love C-bodies and as the underdog that they are, parts aren't so easy to find, and someone else might have good use for parts.
The best case scenario would be to sell the car as whole. I know they aren't high value cars, and I don't know anybody in the Bay Area that might be interested, so I'm posting it here to see if anybody would like to get it.

PM me or reply here if you're interested, I'm sure we can work something out.

Condition - 1972 Dodge Polara 4 Door Hardtop.
The good:
• All glass is great, apart from the windshield that has lots of very small chips and two bigger ones probably a 1/4".
• Engine is 360 2-bbl that will start right up with high performance exhaust manifolds, new dual flow-masters (sounds and runs amazing), rebuilt carburetor, original air cleaner, all oil, gas lines and leaks were fixed. (Spent about $2400 fixing it to have it run reliably as a daily driver).
• 727 Transmission that shifts perfectly, car came with towing package and has a transmission cooler in the front.
• Cruise control works
• All gauges, lights, relays, radio, wipers, washer, heat, vent, defrost etc. works, apart for the A/C.
Previous owner installed a front sway bar that came out of a '72 Police Fury (really improved handling and body roll)
• No heavy rust or rot on the body, anywhere.
• Interior in great condition, apart from crack in dash, no rips or tears on the seats, front bench got a cover right out of the dealer, so original fabric must be nice underneath.
• No frame damage.
• No leaking or overheating.
• Car runs and drives.

The bad:
• Driver side rear fender is butchered, trunk lid is slightly crooked, the metal section underneath the rear window is bent.
• Front bumper is bent.
• Grille, headlight bezels, plastic valance bumper, header panel, both front fenders and hood are damaged.
• Passenger front door shifted forward, still opens and closes fine.
• Driver front door shifted forward as well, opens with effort and closes.
• Rear doors are fine.
Damage is heavily body and not mechanical.

Thanks for reading, I hope I find somebody that would make good use of it.
Attached Thumbnails 1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)-photo-1.jpg   1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)-photo-2.jpg   1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)-photo-3.jpg   1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)-photo-4.jpg   1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)-photo-5.jpg  

1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)-photo-6.jpg   1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)-photo-7.jpg   1972 Dodge Polara (Whole or Parts?)-photo-8.jpg  
Old 01-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
What a shame, looks like it was a beautiful car..
Old 01-25-2014, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
How about trying to sue the knuckle head whom smashed it up. Or having his insurance pay you some money?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
Definitely a parts car Any insurance settlement ? Sounds like the other driver is at fault. I assume that you only have liability.. that is why your insurance said it was up to you.. You need to file a claim with the truck drivers insurance Co... YOU tell them what you want after all it is a collector car

Last edited by TVLynn; 01-25-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, he was at fault and their insurance is going to pay for it.