68 roadrunner

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
68 roadrunner

Finally got a guy to look at my car yesterday and quote the 1/4 skins, tail panel, trunk dropoffs, sandblast trunk and engine bay, $2,500 (cdn) all in inlcuding the metal. I think its a go. Thoughts?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:35 AM
Mopar Fan

Well, not that anyone cares haha

GOt the sheet today, and its double what we talked about, with lots of "just in case" and "i KNow I can do better than that" language. Not the way I do business, back to the drawing board.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry, I care, just been busy with work. Interested to hear it cause most of this will apply to me shortly. Good luck
Old 09-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
It really depends on how he's going to do it, but if it's done right, that a real time consuming project, so your labor costs are going to eat up a lot of that money. The sheet metal is probably going to be close to $1000, and I betcha he has a mark up on that. You might ask him if there's anything you can do to help the prep and save you few bucks, but most will want to do the whole job. That's really understandable, cause when someone else starts something like this, I can almost guarantee they aren't going to do it like you would. It's hard to pick up where someone else left off.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:07 AM
Mopar Fan

Ok, found a new guy, and he is a painter as well. I am going to supply the metal myself, and prep with a buddy of mine , so that will eat alot of costs.

I only need skins. My choices are the cheap Goodmark which are $206 a side at Summit, or AMD skins (Just came out, same tooling as their full quarters), I think they are $299. So, I get to avoid the old Taiwan one altogether.... Any thoughts, for just skins is it worth it to upgrade to AMD?

OK, now, purists close your eyes and hold your breakfast down. It already has a non numbers matching engine, and alot of stuff will be aftermarket. Here is the real issue, I hate the 68 RR. I like the 68 GTX (this would be the easiest, tailights and trim panel, and GTX grill are interchangeable with the RR stuff), BUT I LOVE the 69 RR. A 69 RR has been my dream car for YEARS. All other versions of this car in 68/69 either ugly grills or ugly tail lights. My 68 RR happens to have both uglies

SOOOO, I am buying 69 sheet metal, end caps, tail panel, tail lights and buckets, marker lights, and Goodmark 69 RR Grill and bezels. My question is, am I missing any peices in this list?

SOrry purist Mopar guys, I feel its not overley too hard to change it back if I ever have to sell it, and I have had this "its just not right" feeling every time I cut a cheque to Summit or Ebay for more parts. This will make the universe right again.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Mopar Fan

any thoughts
Old 09-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds cool. Go for it. A little time, patience and money can make anything possible. Its your car, who cares what the purists think. If you like it, DO IT. Just dont go putting a ford motor in your 68 . . .just kidding.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Mopar Fan

K, now what parts do I need for the switch!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
haha
NO
lol