C-Body Suspension Kits Quesiton: FFI or P-S-T?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Body Suspension Kits Quesiton: FFI or P-S-T?

Evening folks. I wanted to see if anyone had used either of the front suspension kits from either FFI (Firm Feel Inc) or P-S-T. I'll be pulling the engine out of my 1976 Chrysler New Yorker in the next two weeks for an engine swap, and well, since the engine will be out I figured I'd do some work in the engine compartment and to the suspension. The car has been sitting on a gravel driveway for the past, dare I say it, 9 years and has been known to shelter critters large and small. I just know I gotta replace the suspension and have been doing some research of the parts online from an AutoZone or from Advance Auto and decided to try and find a kit out there to make sure I didn't miss anything.

FFI and PST both came up in a kit search. The FFI kit lists out the parts, but seems pricey at $400, but does include the inner tie rod ends (something P-S-T doesn't or omitted from there website) and the Idler arm. The P-S-T kit is about half that, but doesn't come with inner tie rod ends or the idler arm. Factoring in the idler arm and tie rod ends to the P-S-T kit, it comes out just a bit cheaper, but puts it about even with just ordering ALL the parts from one of the auto parts store. I didn't know if there was a quality I would be giving up or if the kits come with better instructions or what. Thoughts on the matter?
Old 09-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 76NY440_nTX
Evening folks. I wanted to see if anyone had used either of the front suspension kits from either FFI (Firm Feel Inc) or P-S-T. I'll be pulling the engine out of my 1976 Chrysler New Yorker in the next two weeks for an engine swap, and well, since the engine will be out I figured I'd do some work in the engine compartment and to the suspension. The car has been sitting on a gravel driveway for the past, dare I say it, 9 years and has been known to shelter critters large and small. I just know I gotta replace the suspension and have been doing some research of the parts online from an AutoZone or from Advance Auto and decided to try and find a kit out there to make sure I didn't miss anything.

FFI and PST both came up in a kit search. The FFI kit lists out the parts, but seems pricey at $400, but does include the inner tie rod ends (something P-S-T doesn't or omitted from there website) and the Idler arm. The P-S-T kit is about half that, but doesn't come with inner tie rod ends or the idler arm. Factoring in the idler arm and tie rod ends to the P-S-T kit, it comes out just a bit cheaper, but puts it about even with just ordering ALL the parts from one of the auto parts store. I didn't know if there was a quality I would be giving up or if the kits come with better instructions or what. Thoughts on the matter?
I think $400 is a great price being as the set for my '65 300 was over $700 from Mid Canada Suspension. My kit also included the sway bar bushings and the rear leaf spring shackle bushings.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm...expensive is all relative I suppose. I think my problem is, for a $400 USD kit I expect to have everything thing front end. Know what I mean? Another enthusiast suggested Kanter for parts too, and they're similar to P-S-T, so I'm going to give them a call too and talk with them.