2010 Jeep Patriot

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Jeep Patriot

Hey everyone Im back in the Mopar working car/SUV fold. I had an Isuzu Ascender (2004) with 31 thousand miles on it. The SUV was great until the warrenty ran out.

I started having some problems with the heater, gass cap and a few other things. I had it in the shop for the heater and was told how much to fix it with labor and said the heck with it.

The Patriot is a Jeep I have looked at in the past few years along with other 4x4s and found them to be a great little compact car/SUV.

I called out local dealer to see about a trade in and what they had on the lot. I liked the blue one they had on the lot but was looking at the sand stone colored one as well.

The dealer asked me if I would like to test drive one. I said yeah would love to but I dont know when I can get in to drive one.

The lady said well why dont I bring it to you and take the Ascender and let out guys check it out. I was sure lol and I still cant believe they brought it to me and left it for three hours.

The week went on after I test drove it and talked to them about the trade in deal. They where about 1500-2000 off in making the deal.

I was still thinking over the trade and looking at other models even a year to two year old SUVs that still had factory warrenty on it.

The sales lady called me and said I might be able to get one in from another dealer that is not as loaded as this one. I asked how much got the price about ten min later and I said if you can do it at that price I will trade.

She said let me call the dealer and see about getting it in and I was like ok talk to you later and let me know. She called me back in 15 min and said I tell you I will be able to do it on the one that you test drove will that work.

I was like yeah that will work. The Jeep is loaded the only thing not on this model is Fog lights not sure why but its something I will be adding.

The sad part of this whole deal is the sales ladies husband passed away an hour before they brought the SUV to me.

The owner called me and said he would bring the paper work to me (I was shocked they where coming to me) if I was still interested. I said that sounds great as I can get out right now but will be able to tomorrow.

The owner said if I wanted to come in the next day that was fine or he could out it was up to me. I said well we are going to get snow that night and to go ahead and bring the paper work out to the house.

The owner did all the paper work and at the end he asked us to keep the sales lady in our prayers as her husband had just passed away. Thats something we didnt know about until the end of the paper work.

The dealer ship and sales people are 100% great. It was a fun day and a great day for our family but at the same time a sad one as we keep the sales lady in our prayers.

Well here is a pic I took today after being out in the snow for a little. I hear we have another big storm coming next week, maybe.

Oh one more thing its bad when a car starts going sour after 31,000 miles and starts to nickle and dime you to death.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
very nice jeep..
Old 07-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maxy
Hi,
very nice jeep..
Hey thanks its been a great SUV so far. I did have one problem with the air control panel went out but was replaced under warranty.

I like the Patriot and there is a used one in town I have looked at buying.