View Poll Results: Are you for, against or unsure about the death penalty?
For
91.67%
Against
4.17%
Unsure
4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

For or against?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
For or against?

I know that this will probably stir up some feelings but I am curious as to how everyone here feels on the subject. Just remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
I am all for the death penalty. If someone takes the life of another human being, then they should be ready to give up their own (as long as they are found guilty naturally). I'm not talking about living the next 5+ years either. I'm talking about as soon as you are convicted, you are executed.

I read that is costs $1.2 million to execute a person. What is wrong with rope and a tree branch? It's re-useable (isn't that what everyone wwants now anyways?re-useable resources?) I feel that once people start to see that happening, there would be a lot less murder. Heck crime as a whole may even go down.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 248 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by 78D200
I am all for................ as soon as you are convicted, you are executed..
What an incredible opinion.

I guess you've never heard of an innocent being executed. I guess it would be OK with you if YOU, your mother, your brother, your father, were wrongfully convicted and executed.

Well it is NOT OK with me.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Especially for those stealing classic cars !
Old 09-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For it

There should be some strict guidelines though.

Like, if three or more people witness somone killing someone, than there should be an express lane with no stops along the way.

If the crime is based solelly on circumstantial evidence, than the death penaltly should be with held.

I know there are alot of different senarios that would need to be covered, that's what we have judges for, but if a family member of mine is hit and killed by a drunk driver, the driver should have known better....bye bye
Old 09-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it is plausable to use the death Penalty on someone that is rightfully, without a shodow of a doubt convicted of said crime. we have gotten to soft here, plus i dont wanna pay for a killer criminal or whatever he may be to live on taken care of.

Now that does not mean i'm not for alternatives!that could be just as harsh like labor camps where they build things for us, where they suport our infrastructure for the rest of their lives

with that being said dont kill a man because he wants to die, let him suffer and live on with his mistakes for a while.

thats my opinion...
Old 09-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
I am pro death penalty within 12 months,pro choice,pro gun,political atheist. Any questions? I belive exicutions should be televised on all channels just like the president [it might make these wanna be scumbags think twice about commiting a crime] i also belive they should be put to death in the same manner their victims recived [sick and tired of hearing about their rights what about the rights of their victims and familys] i don't belive you would have a hard time finding a family member that would push the button. Ya'll asked and that's my opinion this country's judical system along with the political system has become so sissified it's a big joke around the world, time to change quite a few things. Our forefathers are rolling over in their graves this is not what they invisioned when they founded this great country.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:35 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Fry 'em!!!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:04 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The Constitution protects us from Cruel and Unusual punishment, but it's been based on what a sane, rational person thinks is cruel or unusual. I think we need to "empower" the criminals to make that decision. If they don't think it's cruel and unusual to torture someone for days before they die, then the criminal should be subjected to the same type of death. Capitol punishment doesn't work? Show me just ONE case of anyone who was executed who has killed again after their execution. Yea, we've gotten too soft on our criminals. Give them an opportunity to be rehabilitated, required attendence to the courses or whatever, but at all other times except a 10 hour period for sleep and hygiene, they must do something productive for society. Don't give them time to form thier little gangs and groups. Make jail and prison someplace that they do not want to be, instead of a comfortable warehouse where they wait to go resume thier "jobs"
Old 09-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I have been riped off and I would like to chop the hand off of the theif who has ripped me off, I have lost a family member to a violent death of another man and yes I would like to see him swing, he comes back every couple of years with appeals and digs up old wounds, he is guilty with out a dought and it has been proven time after time
Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
we need public hangings!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we need to set people on fire and throw them from a helicopter....or strap them to a gurney and castrate them with fishing knives!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Go back to public hangings.... Let the whole world see what happens to thieves, murderers and other hanus criminials.... Might make a change in our crime....
Old 09-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the person that committed what ever crime it was can be completely 100% accused and have proof of it then they need to be tortured in what ever way it was they did there victim/victims
Old 09-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like what Buck said! But there are exceptions. If I have you on video, shooting a store clerk, then you get EXPEDITED service! Not even a jury in my opinion! And the sentence carried out asap! But, as things get more complex, then we must be more reserved with the "ultimate punishment". Many witnesses? Cool, FRY HIM! Circumstantial, NO! Unless witnessed, or on video, then we can never be sure. My bigger bitch than murderers, is molesters and rapists! Sometimes a murder is a spur of the moment thing [still, no excuse], but molesters and rapists are a habitual thing that I dont think can be fixed. They are motivated by one of our strongest primal urges...sex. I dont think they can be cured, fixed, or re-habilitated. These people are always a danger. Yet they are released and have a MUCH higher re-offender rate than murderers. Just my 2 cents. Have a nice day!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh, by they way, if folks aren't afraid to go back to jail....then I guess we didn't make jail SUCK ENOUGH! Jail does SUCK! If its not enough to deter you? Then we didn't "reach" you! And maybe we need a "special program" for you so you WILL WORRY about coming back! But the truth is, about 5% of the population is just "mis-wired" from the factory and will never be "right", or fit into society.

Last edited by scotts74birds; 09-27-2011 at 06:05 PM.