New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

Dodge Charger tire issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dodge Charger tire issue

So I'll make this as short as possible.

Back in November, 2020 I went to Toronto Tires and bought Dodge Demon replica rims (see pic at bottom) and winter tires to put on my 2019 Dodge Charger GT. I had no knowledge of tires back then so I just paid for what I got and they told me my receipt would be emailed to me (which I never got, but just forgot about it as I was very happy with the look I my car). With 2 hours, they were done installing. Fast service for just walking in. But it turns out that they sold me a staggered set @ 20x9's in the front and 20x10.5's in the rear. The winter tires they put on, however, were all the same size @ 20x255x45. I never even noticed until about 3 months later my rear rims were getting curb scraped if I went to close to the curb. Taking a closer look, I noticed how the rear tires seemed to be stretched and that's when I checked the tire sizes of all 4 tires.... doh!

Now my best friend's brother is a tire salesman. My best friend kept telling me to go to his brother (I'll just call him Tom) when I need summer tires as he will give me a great deal AND the proper tires to fit. So I did and I told Tom how TT sold me a staggered set. He did his research, found what I needed and ordered them. This is what he ordered. 20x245x45 for the front and 20x295x40 for the rear. Installation day comes and they install the front tires first... no problem. Then they install the rear and they fit the rim, but they don't fit on the rear. They are touching the inner most part of the wheel well. So... Tom is now saying my rims are no good for my car. Um, what?? Then he tries telling me that he may not be able to return them as they were mounted. (Don't you think the service guy should have tried the rear first? After all, that was the problematic area) Then Tom tries to tell me that I have a problem. He didn't out right say it, but I know he was basically telling me if he can't return the tires, I have to pay for them. So now I'm thinking, "f#$k me, both tire places are trying to screw me over". And remember, this is my best friend's brother. Anyway, f#$k that! No one in their right mind would pay for tires that they can't even use.

Now down to my question. Does anyone know the max size tire that I can put on a 10.5" rim for the Dodge Charger GT? I have seen other Chargers online with this setup so I know it works and I have heard of "offset" but unclear on this.