New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

New Member: 1977 Cordoba

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member: 1977 Cordoba

Hello one and all. 64 year old retired guy, Viet-Nam Vet (Navy).

Just bought my first ever Chrysler product, ever. Been driving since 1968.

From the original owner, just bought a 1977 Chrysler Cordoba. 113K, non-smoker always, always garage kept. Car is in amazing condition, other than minor detailing, car needs nothing. Owner no longer legal to drive due to age and health.

It is Spinnaker White, with full length red padded roof, with white leather bucket seats, and has the desired (so I've been told) 400 engine. Car is pretty well loaded.

Even have original build sheet, window stickers, all manuals, and most service records. Whatever the car has needed since new, the previous owner did.

Picking it up by the weekend. The only thing major done, not sure what year, was professionally repainted in original color. There's hardly a mark or scratch on the interior and everything works perfect. Car drives like a dream, or should I say like a motor boat.

Here's the kicker, paid less than $2,500 for the car. I have looked everywhere, and there is zero rust, not even under the chassis, not even surface rust.

Had I not bought the car on the spot, the owner's agent was going to put it on BAT, and no telling how high the price would have gone. I've seen other's in not as great a condition in the 12-15K price range.

Will post pictures soon, promise. And being new to MOPAR, I have a lot to learn from you folks here.

David in Easley, SC

I have sold my other "project" car to get this one, don't have room or time for two. It's a 1984 Alfa Romeo Veloce Spider.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:15 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 899 Likes on 876 Posts
Welcome to the site Dave..... Hope you enjoy the Mopar...
Old 05-17-2016, 10:29 PM

Thanks.

Still amazed that the Cordoba was advertised as a "small" Chrysler. It's almost the exact same length of my Lincoln MKS, my DD, and it's considered a very large car by today's standards and it's a four-door to boot. Times have changed.

Was surprised to learn that the "big" engine, the 400, only produces around 190 HP? And that's with a 6.5 L engine. My other car, a Fiat Abarth produces 160 HP stock with a 1.4 L engine. Got much to learn here about the beast I have bought
Old 05-19-2016, 06:32 PM
Mopar Lover

Good To know that there are still some good deals still left out their....
Sounds like you have had some neat project?
Old 05-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Mopar Lover

I just seen a 1970 Alfa Romao... Guy bought it new.... Blew up the motor, and just got it back on the road..... That darn little car sure stands out in a crowed !!!!
Old 05-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Mopar Lover

Those little Abarths are way too small for a big guy like me.... I might fall in but I sure as heck could not get out of it....lol
Old 05-22-2016, 05:41 PM

Yeah, Abarth not a good choice for anyone big and/or tall. I am only 5'8" and about 140 lbs, and it was a fairly tight fit. But I was running 240 HP out of a 2300 lb. car. 1.4 L turbo four cyl., running 24 pounds of boost. Mostly able to run 0-60 mph runs in 5 seconds flat. They came from the factory with zero mufflers, about the only new car I can think of you can buy that way. By the time I finished modding the car, it was a real screamer. However, it was too rough on my bones and joints, and the constant noise finally got me unglued. So I sold it, and bought another new Lincoln MKS as my DD.

I sold the Alfa, as I knew I would never get around to restoring it. What I love about this Cordoba, is it basically 100% good to go. The former owner (and original owner from new) constantly took care of this car, and did whatever was needed, so it really didn't leave much for me to mess with, except to enjoy it.

Came out of a store yesterday, and two people were filming the car with their phones, and I get a lot of thumbs ups wherever I roam.

Got to get some pictures up here soon
Old 05-22-2016, 07:31 PM
Mopar Lover

It sure is nice to stand out in a crowed.... If you click on my photobucket down in my signature and click on the 77 Dodge Warlock... That's my daily driver.
I lost all the badging just so it wouldn't get stolen... Most folks just thinks it a old truck. Just the way I like it... But i'll tell you one thing. Everybody knows it me when i'm rolling !!!! Horn honking, hands waving, and always some wanting to talk about the old heep!!!!
Hope you have lots of good luck with it, Hard to get parts for and pricey when you find them. But man if you love a challenge, Mopar is the way to go. All the other stuff is a dime a dozen... I always get a smile when someone, " Man I love your truck" Sooo Cool.. But like you said. The older we get, i'm starting to feel the need for a little luxury. Will see what comes in the next couple years.
I drive all the old heeps in the house... All the kids and the wifey get all the new stuff... Funny how that worked out.. But its all good.. I'm a jolly old sole..
Well keep us posted... Will stay tuned for some photos when you get around to it.. Have a good one....