New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

New Mopar Owner seeking guidance

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mopar Owner seeking guidance

Hey gang,

I am new to the mopar/collector car scene. I've attended many car shows over the years(to ogle the cars of others) and decided finally that I wanted to take the plunge.

So last September I picked up a '67 Plymouth Fury III from California. Great old girl, but she needed a lot of mechanical work. (Been sitting for years) And now mechanically she is almost finished and ready to pass her final safety, except for her speedometer head.

It's stuck and either needs to be replaced or fixed. But being as new as freshly fallen snow to the mopar car scene. I haven't a clue where I can track down an old head for her or a place that can repair it. (So far all the wreckers in the area came back negative)

**Update** I've found speedometer head's for a '66 but would that work in my '67?

Anyways, I decided to join the forums here. I've wanted too but never really got around to it. So when this issue arose I thought what better time to introduce myself and get help.

Any feedback you guys can provide or a starting place to where I can look would be greatly appreciated.

It's been quite the learning curve so far. The "steal" of a car has turned out to be quite the endeavor. Body wise the car is great, being a California car but there has been many unforeseen surprises.

Apparently, the gentlemen who owned the car, before I decided to spray paint the entire interior black. You heard me right. The entire interior. The dash, the doors, the headliner, carpet and seats. The whole inside. (which was previously green) During this hack job, he also covered all the chrome and accents.

I didn't discover this till I received the car. The interior shots of the car looked superb and I (foolishly) trusted the person who sold it too me through ebay motor's. Hard lesson to learn, but I determined to rescue this old girl and bring her back to her glory.

This is where you all come in. I need direction and guidance. Where I can look for interior parts, whom to speak too and a hold variety of other "noob" questions. The learning curve has been steep, and harder then it should of been.

But I value all of your input as I ease into this fantastic mopar community.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to getting to know you guys and bounce more questions off of you in the future.

All the best

Matt aka CrzyCanuck
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Welcome eh.

Marty
Old 09-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Welcome

did you try ebay yet they usually have what one might be looking for
Old 09-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Welcome!

Not sure if the unit you bought will fit but ebay usually always has something on it, it all depends on how you word the search.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:21 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
welcome, sorry to read about your interior, Legindary interiors can redo your seats or youcan perchase seat skins and have an apolserer strech them for you. as far as your speedo head goes, most parts are interchangeable between thoughs years, tear into it and give it a try
Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The easiest thing to do is get a good used instrument cluster. 1967 furys use a screw on speedo cable. the 1968 use a clip on they are identical clusters and both will work. you prob need a new cable any way. I have owned my 1968 Plymouth fury for 5 years now and have acquired 2 parts cars over that time. most of the 1968 parts interchange with the 1967 parts. do you want a 67 cluster/or will a 68 one fit the bill?? 210-843-9063 jasons85dodgeram@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by CrzyCanuck
Hey gang,

I am new to the mopar/collector car scene. I've attended many car shows over the years(to ogle the cars of others) and decided finally that I wanted to take the plunge.

So last September I picked up a '67 Plymouth Fury III from California. Great old girl, but she needed a lot of mechanical work. (Been sitting for years) And now mechanically she is almost finished and ready to pass her final safety, except for her speedometer head.

It's stuck and either needs to be replaced or fixed. But being as new as freshly fallen snow to the mopar car scene. I haven't a clue where I can track down an old head for her or a place that can repair it. (So far all the wreckers in the area came back negative)

**Update** I've found speedometer head's for a '66 but would that work in my '67?

Anyways, I decided to join the forums here. I've wanted too but never really got around to it. So when this issue arose I thought what better time to introduce myself and get help.

Any feedback you guys can provide or a starting place to where I can look would be greatly appreciated.

It's been quite the learning curve so far. The "steal" of a car has turned out to be quite the endeavor. Body wise the car is great, being a California car but there has been many unforeseen surprises.

Apparently, the gentlemen who owned the car, before I decided to spray paint the entire interior black. You heard me right. The entire interior. The dash, the doors, the headliner, carpet and seats. The whole inside. (which was previously green) During this hack job, he also covered all the chrome and accents.

I didn't discover this till I received the car. The interior shots of the car looked superb and I (foolishly) trusted the person who sold it too me through ebay motor's. Hard lesson to learn, but I determined to rescue this old girl and bring her back to her glory.

This is where you all come in. I need direction and guidance. Where I can look for interior parts, whom to speak too and a hold variety of other "noob" questions. The learning curve has been steep, and harder then it should of been.

But I value all of your input as I ease into this fantastic mopar community.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to getting to know you guys and bounce more questions off of you in the future.

All the best

Matt aka CrzyCanuck
Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 80 Likes on 80 Posts
welcome to the forum
Old 09-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Welcome to the forum.... I can't help you on your interior parts hunt but I see several suggestions already.... But, while on here be sure to check out the Mopar of the Month contest while on here. See the sticky for the simple rules and then you can help choose the monthly winner.....