New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

Noob looking for a 70' RR

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob looking for a 70' RR

Hey all,

New to the forum and admittedly a little lost. I got hooked on Mopar by a bud of mine about 6 years back. He took me to his hometown where his friends garage was full of Superbee's, Chargers, a couple cuda's and a clone superbird, Love a first sight! Ever Since then i have wanted to own one. I would hardly say that my 05' Dodge magnum is filling that gap. There is nothing wrong with the Wagon it's just to new and i find that older cars have more character. I have waited Six years to finally have my own, it's time. So I asked my friend how do I get started? he says "find a good forum and become familiar with what i am looking for". Well i have had my eye out for a 70' RR, i love the look of them and recently i got a ride in one I'm sold. so if anyone has any advice for me or knows where I can find a RR I would appreciate it. It doesn't have to be a #'s matching barn find, LOL. just needs to be in somewhat descent condition with potential.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:32 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool welcome man first off a 70 roadrunner is a GREAT car somthing I have wanted for a long time I would love to make a superbird clone out of one, heres some info on your 70 roadrunner the car was only built for one year theres only a handfull of parts that interchange from the 68/69 to 70 so you really wana find a car thats near complete or find some parts cars, they are re popping alot of stuff for the 70 B body as well so you will be in good shape, dont just limit your self to a roadrunner cuz you can save your self a lot of loot buying a 70 satallite and cloning/converting it into a roadrunner need any help make sure you ask around welcome to the forum
Old 06-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome to the forum
what motor/trans are you looking for?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Mopar Fan

Welcome to the forum. Whats you budget a freind is selling 69 roadrunner Hemi car and it's very nice not sure on the price.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:38 PM

70' RR

Thanks for the help guys; The Satellite is a good idea financially. As for the engine/trans combo my right foot is wanting a 440 or 426 but my wallet will probably allow for a 383 which is fine. I am notorious for not being able to leave a vehicle stock anyway and if I need more I’ll make the swap I guess. My current vehicles are a 2005 Magnum RT and a 1965 Cadillac Coupe Deville and my 2003 Kawi Z1000. In a perfect world I would sell the Magnum to get a little more $ for the project or Trade it. I have seen one or two mopar listings where the guy was asking for $ or a family car trade. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Magnum I just don't use it. It's worked too (Mopar LT headers, JBA custom exhaust, Jet Stg 2, Throttle body spacer, Airaid intake, fully loaded, etc.) I might also consider a dealership if they have what I want; that way I could trade in the Mag toward the purchase. I have seen a lot of dealerships off of RT.66 toward the west side that made me want to set up a tent and just settle in, LOL. I think I still have some of their cards; I may call to check their inventories.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck in your search... Don't give up it will come your way......
Old 07-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Mopar Lover

Welcome and good luck on your quest! Just a quick note. I cloned a 67 Belvedere II in to a GTX. This year is alot of one year only parts. Quite a bit of repopped items, but some that are VERY hard to find. I could have bought a nice real GTX for what I have in my car, but once I got started, I could not turn back. I did not notice where you are from, but if I see anything good on my local craigslist, I will let you know.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Well here is a '68 Roadrunner, if you want to ship half way around the country :\

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/1795629008.html
Old 07-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the dark side of the Force, keep the Magnum, I love them!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by RROriginals
Well here is a '68 Roadrunner, if you want to ship half way around the country :\

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/1795629008.html
I think considering I'm out here in th west (San Diego) I am going to try to find a 69-70 (RR or Sat) locally, or at least within 200 miles. That way i have to restore but not necessarily start with a rust bucket. Rust is unavoidable but at least with a cali or Arizona car it is manageable. great find but just seeing the snow in the pic turns me off for some reason. thanks anyway.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by scotts74birds
Welcome to the dark side of the Force, keep the Magnum, I love them!
it's like I said, I love the magnum, no complaints other than i just don't use it. I can ride my motorcycle all year here. what californians call rain i call a mist. (originally from PA). NADA says its worth around 12500-14000. (only 58K miles) I value it around 12 considering the economy. I would like to find a running project even if its running rough at least it would help me maneuver it around the garage. I can't believe the price difference between the RR and the Sat's. RR project 8 G's easy. Satellite project 3-4 G's running. Since i mainly just love the Body style of the 70 B bodies ill just get which ever one has the best body condition to start with. rather work on eng/trans first anyway.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Daves Classic Cars

Just south of Springfield Ill. Is Dave's Classic Cars.

On several business trips to KS in '08 I stopped here sight seeing.

Jaw dropping to say the least. 75% of the cars I saw could be driven off the lot. And really were reasonably priced.

Reading your post brought this place back to mind and I looked them up.

Here is a link that shows your '70 Road Runner. Good price? I have no clue.
Would I like to have it, gosh YES!!

It's about 1/3 of the way down the list.

By the way this place is HUGE, with muscle cars!

Good Luck.
Joe.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Barfly
Just south of Springfield Ill. Is Dave's Classic Cars.

On several business trips to KS in '08 I stopped here sight seeing.

Jaw dropping to say the least. 75% of the cars I saw could be driven off the lot. And really were reasonably priced.

Reading your post brought this place back to mind and I looked them up.

Here is a link that shows your '70 Road Runner. Good price? I have no clue.
Would I like to have it, gosh YES!!

It's about 1/3 of the way down the list.

By the way this place is HUGE, with muscle cars!

Good Luck.
Joe.
thanks for the link, this site makes me drool. LOL
Old 07-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Mopar Fanatic

I thought more about what I read on Dave's site, somewhere it says over a 100 cars. I thought better of the link, as I remembered a whole lot more than 100 cars.

Here is a link to the place I was describing in the earlier post. Dave's pales in comparison with quantity and price. I have stopped at both as they are both off of I 55, but country classics has cars in doors and out. Very nice place!!

Joe.