New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

Old As Dirt

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Old As Dirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old As Dirt

I would just like to say hello to all the members of this forum and hope you all don't think I'm beyond my years for still being car crazy, I have been on the site a few times and really enjoy the vast amout of beautiful cars that the members have, just a pure pleasure for my old eyes to see these cars being enjoyed by people 55 years younger then me, I remember when they were all brand new lol. Looking very forward to talking with everyone and I will post some pictures as soon as I can, Thanks, Jake
Old 05-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Old As Dirt

Thank you Buffalojoe426
Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome to the forum
do you have any cars of your own?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Old As Dirt

Well thank you and yes I do Mopars only of coarse, is there a problem with me having that Dart for a profile pic? just wondering.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum Sgt.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Old As Dirt

Thanks Scamp, don't see many of them around anymore
Old 05-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Mopar Fanatic

So you Army? Marine? Me, I'm 15 years army and a Gulf war (disabled) vet and a mopar lover/owner since 1975. Welcome aboard.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Welcome to the forum sir.... Love to see those photos when you get a chance... We all love pictures !!!!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:46 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

hello and welcome!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Mopar Lover

Welcome to the show.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Welcome to the forum.
Great bunch of guys here.

Joe.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:45 PM

Welcome to the forum
Old 05-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Mopar Lover

Welcome to the forum. I never did serve, but I was raised by a Drill Instructor, so it felt like I served! To any veteran on the forum, thank you for your service, and God bless you.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:00 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Welcome!

As long as the pic is Family friendly, we have no problem with it be posted up.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:11 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome and thanks for serving our country and protecting our rights and liberties heck you are never to old to love a mopar
Old 05-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Mopar Lover

welcome fellow dart owner!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Old As Dirt

Thank you for all the kind words it means alot, sweeperking my respect to you Brother - 1957 joined army no choice, 61 volunteered for Marines and trained for STA Platoon at Base Quantico Virginia, end of 62 - 63 Military advisor Viet nam, 64 - 66 hand to hand instructor at Camp Pendleton California, 67 - 71 Marine infantry Surveillance and Target Acquisition Platoon Viet nam & Cambodia/Thiland (where they tell me no I was not - BULL -) Why in country so long? by choice, in 66 my younger brother on patrol with his platoon came across a village that was empty except for some dead locals, he picked a baby up in a hut and it was boobie trapped, that thought has haunted me since and I sniped for pure revenge and the solitude that came with it - Better now and all is good -

67 GTX - I will get some pic's up when I can find, unpack and scan them, I will show you your car brand new when my sister bought one in late 66, and my dad made her get a big block/4 speed yes he did - she came to see me in Cali before I shiped out and that was the last time I seen it but at least I got to drive it, was a power house I remember that and all black, like my message to you said one of my favorites
Can I post a couple of pic's of the project my grandson wants to do with me, since the ol'man has some goodies hidden? it is a Mopar of coarse and it's a peice of history, I did see 67gtxclone (Beautiful) is a clone so I would take that as clone's are ok here and nobody is going to screem # matching.
Again thanks everyone and sorry to babble I'm old, Jake
....crap, 78D200 would'nt put anything but Family friendly pic's it's all about respect for each other right and samuel that was just a pic of a Dart I like, we do have a couple A Bodys one a dart down at my son's in Nevada, pic's asap.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Mopar Lover

Yep Sarge, I was very up front about my clone, and no one here has had an issue with it that I am aware of. There are always sub groups of people that care about concours restorations with the correct nuts and bolts, matching numbers, etc, and that is cool with me. There are other sub groups of racers, cruisers, guys working on projects, the different body styles and so on. In the almost year I have been on this forum, 99% of the time, folks are very respectful and helpful.

I did the clone project because I could not afford a real 67 GTX. Turns out that for the money I spent on the clone project, I could have bought a nice real 67 GTX. Water under the bridge. This is my first Mopar, and I learned a LOT doing the project, so in my mind, it has all been worth it.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:32 AM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Originally Posted by 67gtxclone
Yep Sarge, I was very up front about my clone, and no one here has had an issue with it that I am aware of.
the way i see it its your ride do what you want!! thats what this hobby/obsession is about!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome Sarge... dunno about old as dirt here, but I WAS the road guard for the 3 wise men. My first job was valet parking of the camels for the 3 wise men.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by BuckNeccid
Welcome Sarge... dunno about old as dirt here, but I WAS the road guard for the 3 wise men. My first job was valet parking of the camels for the 3 wise men.
I'm sorry Lord, but that thar is funny! (Larry the Cable Guy).

I'm so old that I trained Buck for his job as camel valet parker.

I'm so old, all the hair on my head is leaving, and now it grows on my ears, out my nose and on my a$$!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Old As Dirt

You guys are killing me lmao.... yes nothing wrong with clones at all, one of my younger brothers had everything in the driveway at the time destined to become A/FX altered wheel base clone cars, another pipe dream up in smoke but one of my grand kids has got me interested in building a to spec 70 AAR Cuda SCCA version, I have 2 correct # 3577130TA blocks, period correct destroked Keith Black crank so it will be 303.8 ci and all the right intake/exhaust peices like intake, carbs, exhaust tips ... so on. he found a place that makes a complete glass 70 Cuda body and wants to go with that, I'm looking for a good metal one to start this project so let me know of any that might be for sale in your neighbourhoods
Now I want everyone to drop and give me 30 for making me laugh and razzing me & an extra 10 for all who call me Sarge lol, that Army us Marines are always refered to as full Sargent .... just kidding call me what ya like I'm just happy to be far away from them days, Sarge works just fine, thanks everyone, Sarge Jake
Old 05-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 67gtxclone
Yep Sarge, I was very up front about my clone, and no one here has had an issue with it that I am aware of. There are always sub groups of people that care about concours restorations with the correct nuts and bolts, matching numbers, etc, and that is cool with me. There are other sub groups of racers, cruisers, guys working on projects, the different body styles and so on. In the almost year I have been on this forum, 99% of the time, folks are very respectful and helpful.

I did the clone project because I could not afford a real 67 GTX. Turns out that for the money I spent on the clone project, I could have bought a nice real 67 GTX. Water under the bridge. This is my first Mopar, and I learned a LOT doing the project, so in my mind, it has all been worth it.
i always liked your clone
Old 05-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Old As Dirt

I love both your cars well done gentlemen.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:53 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt. Veteran
Now I want everyone to drop and give me 30 for making me laugh and razzing me & an extra 10 for all who call me Sarge lol, that Army us Marines are always refered to as full Sargent .... just kidding call me what ya like I'm just happy to be far away from them days, Sarge works just fine, thanks everyone, Sarge Jake

Got a profile, you can't make me do push ups :P

Sides, have some respect for your fellow NCO's dang it.

I know what you mean about not being there. I remember listening to a PRC77 tuned to a civilian tv channel, hearing Nixon say "we no longer have ground combat troops in VN" and thinking, Well, he's not lying, we're NOT in VN right now
Old 05-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey welcome
Old 05-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Old As Dirt

Originally Posted by BuckNeccid
Got a profile, you can't make me do push ups :P

Sides, have some respect for your fellow NCO's dang it.

I know what you mean about not being there. I remember listening to a PRC77 tuned to a civilian tv channel, hearing Nixon say "we no longer have ground combat troops in VN" and thinking, Well, he's not lying, we're NOT in VN right now
lol sorry no disrespect ment at all sir but it is Sargent not Sarge in the Marines, and no fear 8 is pushing it for me these days.
Yes I do have a profile, same as sweeperking matter of fact:
I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and to aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give
no information nor take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am
senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey lawful orders of those appointed over me
and will back them in every way.
When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank,
service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost
of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country or its
allies or harmful to their cause.
I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

That about covers it lol, Jake
Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 PM

Well said!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by WV Coronet
Well said!
Yes I agree, very well said Jake

Quick Reply: Old As Dirt