HEY GUYS I'VE GOT AN IDEA

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
HEY GUYS I'VE GOT AN IDEA

Hey I have an idea, maybe somewhat crazy. It's not crazy if you believe one man can make a difference. Ok first off I need to tell you guys a bit about myself. First off I am 20 years old, throughout High school I was the best artist in my class and took first place with anything I put in the schools art show. My school was not small, I guess maybe small compared to big cities like LA Dallas and Detroit, But the class I graduated in had over 750 people, also the class just behind mine had over 800, and the class below that right around 800 and I competed against all of those kids in the art shows. What I'm getting at is I have a design for a car in mind, the 'Cuda. I have seen the new 'Cuda concept and that thing isn't going to get them diddly squat in the bank cause it is just uglier than crap. What do you guys think would happen if I came up with a design for it, based off of the '71. With some differences... just enough to call it my design and be able to get it copyrighted. And went to detroit with it and tried to sell the idea to them at a small price (to them anyways) And I think my design would be good enough to cause them a huge spike in sales and not have to sell chrysler to GM or Fiat or whoever is out for Chryslers neck. I mean think of it you see car commercials everyday, and most of which you dont pay attention to because all new cars pretty much look the same. Just small little lame cars, that arent going to be worth anything in a couple of years. They did Ok with the new challenger but not as good as they could have, I mean they made the thing a boat! And took too much chrome away from it. Anyways just thought I would see what you guys thought about my crazy idea. And how well you thought it may work out for me if I decided to go through with it. Also one thing I forgot to ad, I went to school for welding and electronics, and am getting ready to start college this next fall for mechanical engineering. So I should be able to come up with very logical and cheaper ways to go about my design.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Mopar Lover

Hey if you look at F**ds '05 mustang, they took the best looking year and model of that car which I believe was a 69 fastback mustang, and basically just reproduced it, of course there were some differences in the size little too big if you ask me. But they have sold the snot out of those things! I can't drive into town and back which is maybe an 8 mile drive for me, without seeing 10 or 15 of the things. And sadly f**d is probably the leading car manufacturer in the U.S. all because one little car designer got a wild hair in his *** and thought... you know I bet people would love if we made the mustang a true muscle car again! And so they did, and bada bing hells of sales come rolling in. That is the problem today, car companies seem to have forgotten that people love muscle cars and alot of times spend way more than a new car would ever cost them to have a muscle car. And now that they have kind of figured that out they can't seem to figure out how in the hell to make one without fu*king themselves over. I mean seriously wtf is up with that new 'Cuda concept???? That is a mistake waiting to backfire on them! Whoever designed that thing should be fired! It's just down right putred! And the new camaro.... alot of camaro enthusiasts really anticipated that thing... until they saw it that is. It was supposed to have been based off of the 69 camaro... the only thing that kind of resembles a 69 is the grill... other than that they slaughtered it! The rear end is ugly as hell, if they were smart they would have made it a bit more square and gave it square tail lights and made the car a bit skinnier all the way around, then people might have been impressed and waiting in line to buy one. But no... its just ugly, and personally if I were a camaro guy I would save my money and get a real 69, which was alot more impressive. It's kind of funny how people 41 years behind us had more brains and didnt even have an idea to go off of, and managed to make way better cars than all these little "hot shot geniuses" that run the places today.

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 02-01-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:04 AM
thinkin with me dipstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm sure you are a great artist, but if car design is what you are serious about, you'll need to go to college for it. art center college in california is where a lot of designers for the auto industry have gone. even then you have to make your bones, spend years designing dash ***** or some other small mundane part before you can even dream about designing entire cars. its a tough profession to crack, back in the day hot wheels was hiring real auto designers to make their toy cars, they were able to lure them away with the idea of designing complete cars.

http://www.artcenter.edu/

also, if your design is that good - they'll take it and you won't get a red cent.
look at the poor shmo that came up with intermittent wipers...
Old 02-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Mopar Lover

your probably right. Yeah I have looked into the car design thing before and yeah its tough as hell to reach that point. Just wondering how they would take to an average joe blow like me coming to them with something that could possibly get them out of the hole or real close to it. But your probably right about them just taking it and acting like they never seen or heard from me. But not sure how that would work out if I got a patent on my idea before I went and showed it to them. Also I'm pretty good with sculpting so I could probably come up with like a 1/5th scale clay model to put in front of them. Bake it and paint it.

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 02-01-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Mopar Lover

they need all the help they can get .

as for you bud http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UaJ9UKM7kk .
I'm all for you . & Chrysler but they gotta put out something we can all afford & suit a wide variety of tastes & budgets with one base model car to make money on . i have thought about it a lot . make the car with the intention of the new buyer customizing it . all go no show . ( well sort of to keep costs down ) Chrysler's over here have always been known for there 1/4 straight line performance , give it back to us . i like the idea having a a single main engine V8 that can be cut down to v6 or v4 & the v8 & v6 can shut down 1 bank for fuel economy ?? use the same engine components & go fast bits , so the after market can get in on the act also . what about using same bolt pattern or dual bolt pattern engine - bell housing , so we can use the newer trans & gearboxes in our older cars or vice versa . keep it rwd 15 " basic wheels , give us back wind up window's , basic seats , is a abody 8/4 diff out of the question with large back spacing or even a Borg wanner 4 pinion 9 bolt ? . keep it real basic & cheap but make it so the 4 cyl model can have the v8 upgrade done down the track . make'em small & compact but still old school looking . i think the 300c & pt cruiser is on the right track . a good name like road runner , dart . I've always dreamed about the new compact 2 door dart light weight all alloy v8 , v6 , v4 . just like the slant 6 , small block & big block just revised . well theres my dream ideas , but hey it all starts with somebody's imagination - dream - hunger & passion but we do need investors . hey the same base model just like over here could have 2 door , 4 door , Ute / pickup , station wagon & even police highway patrol . here's to our dreams & Chrysler getting back on her feet again .
Old 02-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Mopar Lover

I like that song. Ac/Dc is awesome. And really what I had in mind was stuff that would cut down on cost of the production, stuff like you said, just regular old crank up windows, a pretty plane jane interior nothing to spectacular, and if it is possible with the emissions regulations these days a carburated model to cut out that expensive a$$ computer system to run fuel injection. Take away all the crap that no one really cares to have when they are buying a car like this... like tire pressure sensors, expensive sound systems, just a basic am/fm radio maybe with a cd and some basic speakers none of that expensive bose stuff. Basically are that is meant to do nothing but look good and run mean! Or make it to where you can have all of the options you had back in the day... like vinyl top (personally I think that would be extremely cool for a car company to bring that option back), whatever engine you want in it all the way from the srt4 to the srt10 and everything between (all using the same frame they did on the original car) that way like you said it would be super easy to drop a new engine in it, hell even make it to where you have the option to buy a non A/C car if you wanted, and even radio delete, what kind of gauge cluster you want. Basically just have a bare shell and let the customer have a piece of paper and mark what options they want on it, let them know how much each option costs. If they did that, it would give people the oppurtunity to have whatever they wanted on their car and take away all the crap they don't care to have and save some major bucks. Me personally I could live without A/C, fuel injection, power brakes, all the fancy sensors and what not. You know if they did that a guy could save thousands if he didnt want all of that crap, that really no one cares to have if their out for a lean mean muscle car. Infact I just plain wouldn't want any of that on my car, I would want it to be as classic as possible. Just like the old days.

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 02-01-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:10 AM
Mopar Lover

Wink

over here Ute's / pickups are hugely popular . Nissan , Toyota & Mitsubishi & holden & Mazda & ford all make 1 ton alloy tray back Ute's . they all make really cheap no radio's , a/c , wind up windows versions that are cheap as , then the up market ones with the frills , then you get the v6 one's marketed for the construction bosses & for towing boats ect then the 4x4 versions . it's a huge market & very competitive .
now it's all the rage for the cool youngsters to buy the base model's lower them , pimp em up with chrome mags ect cranking sound systems , custom exhaust , custom paint , turbo's ect ect . that way the young straight out of school kids can loan up a new ( 1 ton work Ute / tax write offs for work vehicle ) they get a new Ute for $14 000 -$17 000 then custom it for them selves . which also makes a good 2nd hand market also . i could just see a cool retro 1 ton dodge tray back Ute 3lt V4 ( that you can bolt a 6.1 lt hemi or 5.7 lt hemi into . no weight in the *** so it smokes it up awesome & drifts like no tomorrow as if that wouldn't catch on . then if there was tax write offs as a work Ute , you could claim all your mods on tax like everybody dose over here . mmmmm power to weight . mind you all these Aussie Utes use leaf springs , heaps of options to the rear end ( cal tracs & single spring ) all alloy hemi V8 drag Ute's / work cars .