Fun with someone elses mistake.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fun with someone elses mistake.

IMPORTANT lesson! Always make sure you put the thermostat in correctly before the customer decides to drive all the way to LA from phoenix apparently you shouldn't have a transmission guy most of his carrer work on engines. Remedy due to silly people.
1 Correctly install t-stat
2 Then when that doesn’t work replace radiator
3 That doesn't work, replace heads
4 That doesn't work, replace head bolts
5 Still doesn't work replace engine, new from the factory
6 Oh when the factory assembles engine incorrectly, replace that engine with another from the factory but before install completely disassemble engine and inspect that it is ok. Then install and finally when it still is running hot finally decide to replace the temp sensor like the fresh out of school tech said to do before the radiator replacement. WOW the gauge shows it running where it should. That has been my fun experience with prowlers. FUN cars to drive though.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Mopar Fanatic

haha, i dont understand what u mean hahahaha
Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Mopar Fanatic

I mean some bozo put a t-stat in backwards and the costumer cooked the engine. so the shop replaced all the things i mentioned when all it took was the temp sensor that needed to be replaced after the initial screw up of putting the t-stat in backwards. oh well that's what warranty is for. he got his use from it.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by crmzendrgone
IMPORTANT lesson! Always make sure you put the thermostat in correctly before the customer decides to drive all the way to LA from phoenix apparently you shouldn't have a transmission guy most of his carrer work on engines. Remedy due to silly people.
1 Correctly install t-stat
2 Then when that doesn’t work replace radiator
3 That doesn't work, replace heads
4 That doesn't work, replace head bolts
5 Still doesn't work replace engine, new from the factory
6 Oh when the factory assembles engine incorrectly, replace that engine with another from the factory but before install completely disassemble engine and inspect that it is ok. Then install and finally when it still is running hot finally decide to replace the temp sensor like the fresh out of school tech said to do before the radiator replacement. WOW the gauge shows it running where it should. That has been my fun experience with prowlers. FUN cars to drive though.

very sad, but i do believe it
Old 09-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Mopar Fanatic

yes it is but hey i had that car for two months waiting for part, etc. It paid well in the long run for me!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I witnessed a similar thing when I was working at a gas station in the 80's. Me, hired as helper, oil changes, pump gas etc. Two full time mechs (who both thought they knew everything) Customer: young lady with a 4cyl turbo T-bird, symptoms serios popping in the exaust and missing. Work done; remove head and full valve job including surfacing; then replace turbo when that did not work; then full ignition replace. Still no change. I was sweepein up one eve and just happened to ask said mechanic if they had happened to check the PCV valve. What? was the reply. I leaned over and pulled it from the valve cover, sure enough it was stuck {no rattle}. changed it and the car ran fine. "how much has work has she paid for" I ask. "'about 1500, dont say anything" ....right.....[went back to my sweepin']
Old 09-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Yep sometimes it is the simplest things that people look past.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by theomahamoparguy
I witnessed a similar thing when I was working at a gas station in the 80's. Me, hired as helper, oil changes, pump gas etc. Two full time mechs (who both thought they knew everything) Customer: young lady with a 4cyl turbo T-bird, symptoms serios popping in the exaust and missing. Work done; remove head and full valve job including surfacing; then replace turbo when that did not work; then full ignition replace. Still no change. I was sweepein up one eve and just happened to ask said mechanic if they had happened to check the PCV valve. What? was the reply. I leaned over and pulled it from the valve cover, sure enough it was stuck {no rattle}. changed it and the car ran fine. "how much has work has she paid for" I ask. "'about 1500, dont say anything" ....right.....[went back to my sweepin']
haha