Questions..... more questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions..... more questions.....

Ok, while starting on this project of the 75 Duster. Im having a hell of a time locating a 8 3/4 rear axle assembly. So here the first of many questions, I am told various other body styles can be adapted to fit. So someone who knows, give me the lowdown. What Rear end will work, and what does it take to MAKE them work? Im wanting the big bolt pattern, and from what im seeing there was no big bolt pattern 8 3/4 for the A bodies from the factory???

Second, Im looking for doors for the car, and theres several on ebay and whatnot, however they all say up to 74. My understanding was all the fenders/doors and such were the same from 70 - 76 exept for the light placement on the fenders on the 70 - 72's. Also what other cars can be donors? Darts? dart sports?

Third, Do I need a different wiring harness for the v8 swap from a /6? If so whats a good donor?

Last for this post is this, without any modifications, whats the largest rims and tires you can direct bolt on to a 75 Duster im hoping to go with 15 x 7 's all the way around, anyone know what bakspacing i need to make that happen?

Sorry to keep hitting you all about this stuff, I need to know the most cost effective ways of getting what I need to make this thing road worthy, and it seems like alot of what I knew isnt exactly right, so please let me know what yall think.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MoparMan76
Ok, while starting on this project of the 75 Duster. Im having a hell of a time locating a 8 3/4 rear axle assembly. So here the first of many questions, I am told various other body styles can be adapted to fit. So someone who knows, give me the lowdown. What Rear end will work, and what does it take to MAKE them work? Im wanting the big bolt pattern, and from what im seeing there was no big bolt pattern 8 3/4 for the A bodies from the factory???
For a rear end check with the doc: http://www.doctordiff.com/
he's a good guy!

good luck with your project!