General Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any members here from the Spokane WA (Green Acres) area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Any members here from the Spokane WA (Green Acres) area?

*Sorry that this request isn't about a Mopar, but it's the only car forum I frequent, so I thought I would ask.*

I'm located in mid-eastern Canada and my elderly aunt who lives in Spokane has offered to give me her 'baby' -- a 1986 Chevy El Camino 'Conquista' (2-tone burgundy and silver). The car spent many of its early years in Yuma, AZ. It has a V6, only a little over 40K miles on it and has been kept in a garage in Spokane and properly covered for a long time. My father saw the car in '06 and with a charged battery, it started right up. He washed the car and put it back away in the garage, covered. The car hasn't moved since. Dad says that at that time the body was mint and with the cover still on it, he has every reason to think it's still the same. When I bought my '68 Polara in '08, it had also been in a garage in Calgary and hadn't moved for a long time, yet was in terrific shape. I hope for the same for the El Camino.

My Dad is 80 y/o, and he and I are wanting to fly out to get the car in early April, and take a father/son road trip back east in it. However, before we even make the trip, I'm going to make arrangements from afar to have the car towed to a local garage and checked out and repaired, assuming it's deemed to be worth it.

Here's my question: Google has turned-up a garage not too far from my aunt's house called 'Greeacres Auto Repair'. I want a good, trustworthy garage to deal with and if anyone here is from that area and knows this garage, or can provide a recommendation to another one, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by 68Polara500; 01-02-2012 at 02:06 PM.