charger not for sale ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 103 Likes on 103 Posts
Talking charger not for sale ?

My brother and i have a rout we run and a used car lot we past this last Saturday we spied a 73 charger in the lot so we made a point to check it out today ready to deal
so we get out of our vehicle and go up to the car and start crawling all over it we found patches in the floor bondo in the rear 1/4,NO SEATS, no interior except some door panels in the trunk not in good shape, 318 / 904 or 727 not sure with a ta 8 1/4 rear end.
OK we like it lets go make a offer, well we walk up to a guy working in the shop and ask him what's the deal, he said it wasn't for sale.
It's in a used car lot up front and its not for sale?! Then he says the ford farlane out back is for sale.
what?
My brother spook up and said we are dodge boys and i said what your teasing us its on the front row. well we left without a deal
but we think he's a rummy and doesn't know ***** so i will go back later and try to find the guy in charge until we can make a deal the car is perfect for us we got interior parts plus we will build a wood interior for it totally custom.
and we got a 440 727 for it ready to drop in and there are parts galore out there to rebuild everything on it
we will keep you updated on this scam.
For all we know the car lot is a front for some other enterprise?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now I have a headache.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Ya, me 2.

On another note, even tho ya aint interested did you even GLANCE at the fairlane? who knows maybe
'just' a fairlane to him could be a T-Bolt fairlane..... not sayin it is but just sayin'

Last edited by MrOldart2U; 11-12-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He's doing you a favor, get a 68-70 charger.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
or by my charger done
Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 AM
Mopar Lover

Smile

the charger is a very beautiful design i love everything about it nice smooth shape, truly a female shape, the louvered side sail-panel windows louvered rear tail lights,
and its just a old time memory- with that car back in high school my best friend had one and we had to much fun in it top speed run s, 150 mph racing any and everything.
ford?s T_bolt? i don't need another system i want to drive my car not fix it all the time and beside's that i don't have that many hammers, lol
and we are still dodge boys! and we will be until the day the earth ends. 12-21-12 ?
but if some one hear is interested next time i go buy i will look at it and give you the scoop.
and like i said before we have allot of parts for this car and its perfect.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 359 Likes on 333 Posts
I think these years are difficult to find rear quarters or any body parts for. Don't let your emotions decide this. Look at all the negatives first, and if you satisfy that, offer way low.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Mopar Lover

Question

well we were not going to offer him, much and as far as the body work goes we can manufacture the sheet metal on the rear quarters like i sad though he's not selling it, but the front fenders are in good shape
i stopped by today and asked about the ford for MrOldart2U and he didn't have that car either the place is a strange lot on a strange part of town for all we know its a front for something else!
allot of cars but none for sale? all sitting in a lot they have no plates and they range in selection like a used car lot but they are always there mostly
and when i left the place i notice he was installing magnetic plates for out of state on the front and rear of a ford pick up?