View Poll Results: Should the DS be sold here under the Chrysler brand?
Sell DS under Chrysler and eliminate the 300 and Voyager but keep the upscale Pacifica
0%
Let Chrysler maintain the Pacifica and Voyager but supplement with a Peugeot or Citroen-based SUV
0%
Eliminate the Dodge brand and sell the Charger, Challenger, and Durango as Chrysler’s
0%
Eliminate the Chrysler brand which is only sold in North America
0%
Not interested in any of the above
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

DS by Citroen

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DS by Citroen

Love the DS9. Could it come to America and replace the Chrysler 300? The 300 is still a great car but passé now. Chrysler should embrace electrification for all future cars and DS brand will all be electrified by 2025. It would be great to see the car marketed under the Chrysler brand here (perhaps with Excellance as a name?) and the two SUV’s along with it? The SUV’s are distinctly different than the Jeep’s or Durango. And no one wants a completely new brand (like DS, Peugeot, or Citroen at U.S. Chrysler dealers especially after the rejection of Fiat. The Pacifica minivan is also electrified so it would fit well in the lineup as an upscale van but I would give the gas and electric Voyager back to Dodge as the new Grand Caravan.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 501 Likes on 483 Posts
Does anyone in the forum care, not me.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:14 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Fiat was a disaster and I can't stand the changes they have made to a solid truck base. I have no interest in an electric car either. I am quite content getting 7 mpg in my Jeep that I own with no payments. We do too much importing as it is and I would rather see American built cars on American auto lots.
The following users liked this post:
Iowan (02-02-2021)
Old 02-02-2021, 06:28 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 359 Likes on 333 Posts
First post by a marketing analyst asking on a Chrysler Forum if the Chrysler name should be eliminated. Going around joining Auto Forums to gather statistics for your dissertation?
Old 02-05-2021, 11:17 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 885 Likes on 864 Posts
Rich,
I really dont get the point.... Daimler / Chrysler had been playing with Electric stuff for a very long time. Just not a large enough profit to make cars and trucks. Not that it cant be done. I mite be guessing that your angry that they didnt follow in all the rest of the failed groups that took a stab at it? The issue with electric vehicles is that their just not efficient / practical enough for lots of application of daily use. That always brings them back to needing a different fuel source (Hybird and Fuel based Charging stations).
Only way this is going to get off the ground really well is going to be too replace all the gas station with charging stations in one clean swoop and just dump the oil and fuel industry.... And my personal opinion is that's not going to happen any time soon. (Well not in my life time)
Tesla is the only car on the market that has done a good job with all electric, But you still have to use a Fuel Source to charge it.... I think the Model-S get like 300 miles out of a charge? So kind of a mood point in my opinion...
AS for the DS9 Citroen.... It's just another non-Efficient HyBird Model, Just throw it away when your done with it and pollute the environment..
My point is... Its not the fix to it all.. But its getting better.... NASA work on this stuff 40+ years ago,
Good topic for those who are interested... Hope you come up with the fix for it all.... But i'll ask one thing.... "Make Mine a truck" But for now. I'll stick with the " Gas and Go" !!!

Last edited by RacerHog; 02-05-2021 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 501 Likes on 483 Posts
Originally Posted by RacerHog
Rich,
I really dont get the point.... Daimler / Chrysler had been playing with Electric stuff for a very long time. Just not a large enough profit to make cars and trucks. Not that it cant be done. I mite be guessing that your angry that they didnt follow in all the rest of the failed groups that took a stab at it? The issue with electric vehicles is that their just not efficient / practical enough for lots of application of daily use. That always brings them back to needing a different fuel source (Hybird and Fuel based Charging stations).
Only way this is going to get off the ground really well is going to be too replace all the gas station with charging stations in one clean swoop and just dump the oil and fuel industry.... And my personal opinion is that's not going to happen any time soon. (Well not in my life time)
Tesla is the only car on the market that has done a good job with all electric, But you still have to use a Fuel Source to charge it.... I think the Model-S get like 300 miles out of a charge? So kind of a mood point in my opinion...
AS for the DS9 Citroen.... It's just another non-Efficient HyBird Model, Just throw it away when your done with it and pollute the environment..
My point is... Its not the fix to it all.. But its getting better.... NASA work on this stuff 40+ years ago,
Good topic for those who are interested... Hope you come up with the fix for it all.... But i'll ask one thing.... "Make Mine a truck" But for now. I'll stick with the " Gas and Go" !!!
Bob didn't your great state of California pass a law saying that all new vehicles in 2035 could not be gas/diesel powered?
Old 02-05-2021, 09:45 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 885 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowan
Bob didn't your great state of California pass a law saying that all new vehicles in 2035 could not be gas/diesel powered?
Laughing !!!! I dont think its a Law at the moment.... But that is kind of the Skuttle Butt of it.. If that is the plan? they best get to work on it, because I dont see it panning out..
Now with that said.... I hope they give me one of those fancy rides... Will see how it plays out.. I think it going to be priced out of range overall...