Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ebay

Who has posted a vehicle on Ebay? I and a friend are in on an old fire engine, and are looking to sell it. Neither of us however have ever sold a vehicle on ebay. Any help as usual will be appreciated greatly!

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 10-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brandon, its a sinch. setup your e-bay account, then go to paypal. and set up an account there. youll need a credit or debit card. then on your e-bay page under the subheadings youll find sell, click on that and itll tell you step by step how to list your items. it takes a few hours. dont get in a hurry. but ounce you do it . next times a breeze.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He already has an ebay account. But we are both wondering about any "tricks" I guess to selling it. I have a 1955 Seagrave Fire Engine... it's big haha. We gotta get rid of it to make some room for another project.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold my bike on eBay tryed to sell my nova and c-10 and picked up my Plymouth for 800. The thing is people will post to find the reserve then take there bid back. They also now have scamers that they are trying to get rid of. Its just a step up from craigslist, best bet is to set up an ad for under $1.00 start the bid at the lowest you would take run it for 7 days and make it clear that if the bidder has low or no feed back they need to email you or there bid will be canceled. if it is a scam ebay gives you your $1.00 back and your out some time, if they send you $500 deposit with paypal within 48 hours and have feed back they probably will get the car.The other thing is ebay and pay pay charge only if you win so look at there fees I set them about $200 more then craigslist to cover this. It is a lot to deal with at first but you get a lot of eyes on the ride..... if you need more help let me know...bottom line I think of ebay as a hook up but you and the buyer can still pull out any time as you have the title. Most people who want the car will ask you questions and want pics so you kinda start to know who is who

Last edited by luke; 10-27-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:51 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've been selling on e-bay since about '99, and the things I've found to be most usefull are to write as much of a description as you can, be real and honest about it. Make sure you let everyone know you're just a person selling, that you don't have a business. Seems the more personal I make an ad, the more attention it gets. If you're a gambler, start it really low, like $5, cause you tend to get bidders who get emotionally attached to it, and when you have two or three like that, who think that's THEIR item since they were first or second bidder at a really low price, they keep bidding till it's way too much. On something like a firetruck, I doubt you'd want to take a chance on losing a lot, so forget the reserve, just make your starting bid the lowest amount you will take. That will save you the reserve fee, and you won't get a hundred e-mails asking you what your reserve is. Also, it lets people know that if they bid at least that much, it could be their vehicle. I'm sure there are more, but that's all I canh think of right now.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about ebay. I have been thinking about posting up my Valiant on there but have been on the fence about it. I always wondered if you would be charged a fee even if you did not sell your item.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I've not been charged the last two times I listed a car and it didn't sell. I even cancelled the listing early and wasn't charged.