Mopar Forums

Mopar Forums (/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/)
-   -   Good Morning Mopar Friends !!!!! (https://moparforums.com/forums/f62/good-morning-mopar-friends-22323/)

RacerHog 05-30-2019 05:33 AM

Good Morning Y'all... Thanks for the well wishes for the wife. Hope we are headed in the rite direction? Sounds like yall are having a good time? Vacation,,, Mowing the yards, Tom hope them Tornadoes past you by without any harm. Scary stuff !!!!
I been busy as hell. Work is booming and I cant keep up. Sure makes the day go fast... :)
Well yall have a great Thursday !!! L8ER

RacerHog 05-31-2019 11:30 AM

Good afternoon Y'all... Happy Friday... Working on installing Screen Door... Getting ready for nicer weather.... Wooo Hoooo... :)

Iowan 05-31-2019 11:34 AM

Well I hope everyone is ready for a great weekend.
Waaahoooo, the boy is out of school for the summer. 🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃
I hope everyone has a safe and sound 🌞summer.

RacerHog 05-31-2019 01:38 PM

WoooHooooo... Time to move up a grade !!!!! :) :)
( Beach Boys>>> All Summer Long) :)

Iowan 05-31-2019 01:53 PM

We are going to the local car show tomorrow morning, its usually 200 cars music and food.👍

Coronet 500 06-01-2019 07:09 AM

I like the Corvette idea, it's a V8 and American two of my favourite things about any car. Confession here, I've always wanted a Citroen DS, I don't know why and I know it's weird and wrong but if I had that bucket of money, I'd have one.

wreklus 06-01-2019 09:23 PM

Nothing wrong with liking an odd-ball car like that DS!
The strange ones are my personal favorite. Rarity, something unique to experience, and being able to break away from the "same car, different driver" crowd is cool in my opinion.
I used to like VW beetles that are modified as dune buggys, until I moved to CA for a while and realized there are thousands of them out there and some of the owners are "high and mighty" about them. Seeing something too much is a downer for me.

RacerHog 06-07-2019 05:03 AM

:hello:

Iowan 06-07-2019 07:41 PM

Odd ball cars tell me about it!
Try having a 1976 Volare, even one that runs tens with no power adders on the street. Yep it's cool but it's a frik'n Volare. The mopar snobs get a kick out of putting it down, and the under thirty crowd doesn't know what the hell it is.🙃

RacerHog 06-07-2019 08:17 PM

I would love to have this car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iowan 06-07-2019 08:27 PM

I read the article about the car back in the day. I'd make room for it in my garage also.

Coronet 500 06-08-2019 04:58 AM

Sorry Mopar snobs out there, but I always thought a Volare was a cool body style and thought it was about perfect for a hot rod/race car. They are like a dart/duster, when new they were the second car for the wife, the car you bought to send your daughter to college, so many other "cool" cars were around so they were over looked. I remember clearly when they came out, I was finishing high school and thought perfect size for a race car.

Got my drivers license in my Grandma's 1967 Belvedere 273 auto, that's probably where this disease started.

RacerHog 06-08-2019 06:30 AM

I had a 1981 Volare Station Wagon for a very short time... Bought, Fix, and Sold, as a Family Wagon to a guy that had 4 kids....lol

wreklus 06-09-2019 05:22 AM

Reviews on those Volatres are brutal!
There are a lot of bitter comments about them, haha!

For myself,
I had a good time laughing as myself and some co-workers ran a Kia minivan through a gauntlet of poorly paved roads and steep grades yesterday. There is something comical, but also impressive about an N/A i4 van (packed to the gills with grown men) trying to haul it's own @$$ on very technically challenging roads!
We did manage at one point to get passed by a horse, which is... One horsepower! Haha!

RacerHog 06-09-2019 07:52 PM

Now thats Funny.... Hahahahahahaha

RacerHog 06-10-2019 07:15 AM

Good Morning Y'all..... Hope you all have a great work week to those that it applies too.... Not much to report... Old 1977 Dodge D150 Warlock 360 is running good... Take a licking and keeps on ticking.... :)

Iowan 06-10-2019 02:09 PM

Hey all I'm sit'n at the pool looking at the scenery and thinking.................yep I am.😎 Its funny when you get to be my age and you don't miss much as in you notice everything. lol

RacerHog 06-11-2019 05:58 AM

Good Morning Y'all.... Going to be 103* today... WTF !!!!!

RacerHog 06-11-2019 06:00 AM

IS that you or the Booze Talking ?????? Hahahahahahahaha
.(yep I am.😎 Its funny when you get to be my age and you don't miss much as in you notice everything. lol)

Iowan 06-11-2019 08:53 AM

No booze Bob, but you can only watch the boy go off the diving board and down the slide so many times. Then your just forced to look at the women, darn. Something I don't understand is the very attractive women with body tattoos that aren't really that nice. Why would a beautiful woman cover her body with clip art, I find it distracting.

I had to laugh at one thing that happened in front of me, a boy 4 or 5 wasn't listening to mom and grandma and ran to the pool and jumped in the 3.5 foot, the two women had him as his feet hit the water and plucked him back out. I was talking to a gal next to me and I told her I would have let him get in the water and see why he was told no, then jump in and get him. She actually agreed, I was surprised.

The boy will be nine next year and will be able to go to the pool on his own, yay!

RacerHog 06-13-2019 02:48 PM

Oh Wow, Sounds like a great fun Day? I'm not a big Tattoo fan. But I can appreciate good ink / art work.... Happy to hear you and the boy are making memories... (Good Times)
I like the sink or swim deal. Been there done that... Hahahahahahahaha...

RacerHog 06-13-2019 02:54 PM

Good Afternoon Y'all.... Working my tail off... Dang I need to win that Lotto Money !!!!
Not a MOPAR But, I'm working on the old 1968 Ford F350 with a 390 V-8, Building a new fan shroud for the old dog... This is our equipment shops service call out truck... Still working... :)
Just thought I would share something different. Hope you don't mind Y'all ?????
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/moparfo...412ec6c994.jpg

Iowan 06-13-2019 02:58 PM

Ya Bob, I bet you didn't go swimming with your old man. lol

RacerHog 06-13-2019 03:23 PM

Pops and I did lots of cool stuff.👍👍

Iowan 06-15-2019 03:58 PM

Happy Father's Day

I'd like to say happy father's day to all the guys that are.
I'm spending my father's day weekend at a boy scout camp with my 8 year old grandson who is a cub scout. I'm dragging my tired old butt to all the events the camp has planned for him witch is a lot of walking and walking is pain for me. But I have made all the events and now we are waiting out a storm in the dining hall. I've had my grandson since just before he was two, I did the potty training, tought him how to ride a bike and hit a base ball. I'm not dad or grandpa but papa and the other night he told me he was going to call me pa because a friend of his called his dad pa, I just said that would be nice.
Sometimes I wonder who is the lucky one, the boy or his papa.
Happy father's day.
Iowan

RacerHog 06-15-2019 04:16 PM

Good Afternoon Y'all.... Iowan, Thats an Awesome story ! You are such a stand up guy!! That allot to take on for sure. (Hat Tilted). My kids just call me Pops. Good to hear your out with the Boy Scouts. Good organization for sure as far as I am concerned !! I know you have to endure quit a lot of pain to get around. Bless you for sourness, Hope you get repaid on the other side when that time comes. (Just not any time soon, Just to be clear...lol)
We got awesome weather hear in SO-CAL.. 80* nice breeze, lots of Hot Rods out cruising round. I'm just out in the garage working on Small Equipment.
Hope all y'all that have kids have a great fathers day weekend !!!!

Iowan 06-16-2019 02:20 PM

Boy scouts arnt what they used to be, we got about a 1/2" of rain and the son of the leader got his sleeping bag wet because he heft the door and windows open on his tent so she wanted to call the camping a bust. Her tent was wet also because she had this big air bed in the tent that pushed on the walls so water wicked in. She finally got her way and the troup packed it in and we left at 9pm with clear skys. So much for the boy scouts being prepared.

wreklus 06-17-2019 06:58 AM

I remember being a part of cub scouts as a kid.
My dad was equally disappointed with the lack of motivation to teach and learn the fundamentals of wilderness survival (and everything else a man should know). Personally, I found it boring. I spent more time working and camping in the woods on my own than I did with the cubs.
So, I quit the scouts and used the time to follow my Dad as he fixed cars, did work on the house, worked in the yard, etc... I spent most weekends hunting and camping in the woods that wrapped around the property. I was fortunate in a lot of ways.
Rather than wasting the time doing fund raisers, I was felling trees and making firewood to prep for winter and learning how to fix a broken heater on a Chrysler minivan on a Sunday night when the temp was 10 below with my Dad.
Way better than anything scouts could offer.

Even without the woods right next door, a kid can learn more from time spent tagging along with dad (or grandpa) than he can anywhere else. The tribal passing of knowledge through muddling along turning wrenches, or toting an ammo bag is irreplaceable for children!

RacerHog 06-17-2019 02:25 PM

And now we have Computers and a Boat load of info we didnt have back in the day... Some Good and some not so good.... But, I like it... :)

wreklus 06-17-2019 03:42 PM

Clearly, I am a big fan of technology and I spend a lot of time on computers. It's good to be able to keep a car running with my own hands and also do the same for a laptop. I really don't think that enjoying either one takes away from the other.

Unrelated;
I've been really enjoying driving the Grand Cherokee. It's great to finally have a vehicle that grabs attention and strikes up conversation again. I just wish I had more excuses to drive it every day.
It might not be everything to everyone, but it's just about perfect for me!

RacerHog 06-19-2019 08:38 AM

Good Morning Y'all
Wreklus... As long as your having a good time and like what you have done.... That about all that matters.... Onward and Upward... :)

Iowan 06-23-2019 04:34 PM

Well good afternoon mopar word.
How did your weekend go, did anyone get to a track this weekend?

wreklus 06-24-2019 06:11 AM

Iowan,
I still haven't been to a track this year.

Slightly related;
I came here to share this.
Thoughts on the Helliphant impact at the dragstrip?
Are we going to see another competition between manufacturers for the title of the biggest / fastest crate engine?
Will there be a renewed interest from the public in drag competition?

To me,
A $30,000 engine is a hell of a gamble on Dodge's part.
Right now, they're advertising it as designed to fit in vintage dodge bodies. But I haven't seen a newer transmission (or any other driveline components) to match up.
Knowing there are already set ups running 1000hp, and there are a lot of ways to get there...
I wonder if the Helliphant is even actually fitting into a unique segment of the class?
Either way, it's cool in my book.
It would definitely have a place on my dream sheet.

Helliphant Startup Demo

Iowan 06-24-2019 02:24 PM

All those 30k motors are going in show cars.

By the way 30k is cheap for 1000hp.

Coronet 500 06-24-2019 03:07 PM

I think Chevrolet got it right when they came out with the fuel injected Big Block with stand alone computer control engine management was just what the crowd wanted. Ford stayed just behind them with the same kind of offerings. Now you can get any flavour, size and power mild to wild from GM or Ford.

Chrysler has come late to this party with the industries top offering that no way I could afford. I want a stand alone fuel injected, roller cammed 318, 340, 360, 408 with fancy heads and the rest so I can buy a small block with 300 or 700 hp.

I think Chrysler has slipped out of the Hot Rod industry with all their European influence. I'll stop now because this stuff makes me angry.

I'm Canadian but LOVE the good ole US of A V8 engine.

Iowan 06-24-2019 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Coronet 500 (Post 149797)
Chrysler has come late to this party with the industries top offering that no way I could afford. I want a stand alone fuel injected, roller cammed 318, 340, 360, 408 with fancy heads and the rest so I can buy a small block with 300 or 700 hp.

I think this just about covers it, mopar could through in a few b and RB blocks with hemi bottom ends just for good measure at reasonable prices.

wreklus 06-24-2019 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Iowan (Post 149794)
By the way 30k is cheap for 1000hp.

Actually, I see your point.
I paid a little more than the industry standard of about $120 per horsepower (at the wheel from what I can gather, anyway).
The Helliphant works out to $30 per HP (a little more with the $2500 add-ons for plug-and-play). That is really cheap, considering. Even if you got just 80% of that power to the ground, it's still a bargain. And I don't see anyone losing 200hp across an RWD drivtrain, but I could just be ignorant.

Either way,
Shame that most won't see the public.
Worse that maybe none will cruise the highway.
Still want it!

Do I want put it in a vintage / classic dodge and hit dragstips?
Hell yes!

Do I want to put it in my jeep?
If I had the money... I just might be that stupid!

RacerHog 06-26-2019 03:11 PM

Good afternoon y’all... all I can say is there are some bad ass Hemis around...

RacerHog 06-26-2019 03:21 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/moparfo...5aa8d5471.jpeg
You know you like it !!!!

RacerHog 06-28-2019 07:25 AM

Good Morning My Mopar Family !!!!!!!
Crazy work week for me !!!! Hope you are all having a great day and looking forward to the weekend? Weather is going to be 90* here in SO-CAL.. I think Summer has arrived... LOL
I got nothing in the driveway this weekend so far. and nothing planned.... Oh boy... I hope that dont mean something bad is going to happen?.... Hahahahahahahahaha
Well Happy Friday..... Y'all Come Back Now. Hear !!!!!