Idiots with cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Idiots with cars

What I want to know from you car people is how do you get people to part with cars that are just sitting around rusting or collecting dust I know of several rare cars and expensive cars that I have been trying to get in my posession for some time but people wont sell them to me I know of several cudas. road runners, mustang conv, 1968 big block 396 SS camaro chargers you name it I found a 71 cuda in a corn field not all that bad had rear quarter trouble I found out who owned it the guys excuse for not selling it to me was it had rotted floor boards duh replace them and the motor was missing any help on how to confront these people would be great
Old 02-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 248 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by Zach8200
---people wont sell them to me--- how to confront these people would be great

You must have nuts the size of oranges. You need to calm down. It is the RIGHT of people to own these to do with them as they wish, whether selling it to you, keeping it 'til it rots, or whatever.

All you can do is make them a generous offer, and let it go at that. You need to be careful. There ARE parts of the country, where if you show up unexpected on somebody's doorstep--uninvited, you might just be looking at the wrong end of a weapon.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 440roadrunner
There ARE parts of the country, where if you show up unexpected on somebody's doorstep--uninvited, you might just be looking at the wrong end of a weapon.
You also need to be super careful as some people find that an invasion of privacy to find this information, maybe you did something illegal to find this out, and these individuals don't like you snooping around in their affairs.

There is a way to deal with this is an a non confrontational manner, don't be so matter of fact, say to them I saw a nice (insert car) in your yard/farm/wherever. Don't go "How much do you want for the car sitting in the back of your farm?" If its near their home and its easy to figure out who owns it not that big of a deal, but when you trace a car in the woods its a little different.

In some instances you'll be fine, but I don't where you're or the individuals may come from, but definitely don't act like their idiots. As 440roadrunner also said make them a generous offer, it helps that part with the connection a little easier.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 248 Likes on 241 Posts
Not only that, but if I were one of your potential "victims" and knew that you thought of me as an "idiot with cars" I'd be inclined to be less than friendly. This is not the way to approach a "good deal."

Back when I owned my six pack car, some guy came up to me, not knowing a THING about the thousands of dollars I had in the car, and such "little things" as hundreds of dollars into a receiver hitch, and since this was during the first "gas crunch" of '73, a Johnson/Evinrude marine tank in the trunk.

He wanted to know "what would I take?"

I said, of course "it's not for sale."

Then the old, "ya but, ya but, if you DID sell it?

I quoted him a figure.

Of COURSE his answer was !!what!! Not worth that!! You'll never get that!!

I said, "That's ok, IT'S NOT FOR SALE!!"