1965 Plymouth Belvedere II Original One Owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1965 Plymouth Belvedere II Original One Owner

This is a 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II H.P. 383 Commando V8 with 727 Torqueflight Auotmatic. Factory Ruby Red with Black Interior. This car also has factory A/C.
My father purchased this car new in '65 in Tallahassee Fl. It has been garage kept most of its life. This car has never had any damage of any kind. It has been painted a couple of times over the years but absolutely ZERO body work. It is extremely straight and clean. All of the chrome trim is intact and in great shape. There are absolutely no missing pieces. The only evidence of rust is one small bubble just above the left rear wheel well. (about the size of your thumbnail). The bottom side still has factory paint/undercoating. Zero rust. Rocker panels, floor pans, trunk pan all solid. The original jack and hubcaps are resting in the trunk. The original interior is in great shape. No rips or tears in the seats, headliner is perfect, carpet is good, door panels are good, dash has one small crack and rear package tray is showing its age. The only other interior issue are the armrests. The plastic around the bolt holes are cracked. The original trans, rear differential housing, axles, brake drums, etc. are all intact and problem free. I pulled the original running 383 in 1987 for preservation. It is in my posession with all of its respected pieces. This car is in really great condition having never been restored. I have the original manual and factory certicard.

Here is a little history on the car for those interested.

The car was a daily driver for the family until sometime in the early eighties when my father garaged it. In 1987 I took posession and wanted to play around on the street with the car without chancing destroying the original 383. I drove the car into the garage and pulled the original 383 and dropped in a 440 magnum. I drove it with the 440 for a couple of years and around 1989 I garaged it again. 1999 I got it back out and trashed the old 440 and put together a "junkyard" 400. As I'm sure you know, the 400 is basically a .090 over 383. I used a steel crank, factory mopar "zero deck" flat top pistons, hp 383 rods, ported 904 heads milled on a 7 degree angle, crane cam, stainless steel 440 valves, k-motion springs, adjustable rockers, MSD ditributor and ignition, factory mopar dual four barrell intake milled respectively with heads, dual 650 cfm edelbrock carbs, hedman headers full three inch exhaust, 2500 rpm torque convertor and 4.88 gears with a sure grip differential.
I drove the car on the street for a few weeks when I wised up and realized that twisting this pristine body with 450+ hp was not what I wanted to do. Refraining was easy because after only a few full on 7200 rpm quarter mile passes my junkyard 400 lost oil pressure at idle. (I am certain this was due to not having the used steel crankshaft checked for imperfections before assembly) I decided not to fix the junkyard motor and put the car back in the garage. I have only rolled it out a few times since then to wash it.
This really is a must see car for any one interested. With minimal effort the original 383 can be refreshed and re-installed putting the car back to 100 percent original matching numbers. And I dont mean a motor and trans like come in this car, I'm talking about THE original motor and trans that come in this car.
I know this post is getting long so I will wrap it up.
I am asking $6800 this includes "junkyard" 400 as well as original h.p. 383 and its respective pieces. I can be reached at (850) 519-1853.
Serious inquries only please.
Will get some pics soon.

Last edited by wildgoat; 12-27-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Price Reduced
Old 12-27-2010, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Folks, I really need to sell this car ASAP any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Posting some pics would help.