Non-Mopar Tech Questions Want to ask our knowledgeable group here at MF a question about a non-Mopar? This is your place!!

mercedes 190 E

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mercedes 190 E

OK my upper rad hose cracked on my 1992 mercedes 190E and we changed it out and put coolent in the motor but now, theres air in the system some how and the car is not getting cooliant and its over heating, how do I get the air out?
Old 03-07-2010, 04:04 AM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to get the air out u got to "burp" it from the highest point of a fitting...prestone makes a kit for six bucks u can buy. that goes inline of your heater hose which is usually the highest point. or you can do what i do and drill a 1/8TH INCH hole in the thermastat . around the flange. it wont effect cooling and it will get the traped air out.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:23 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not sure about your 190, but the 944's I had all have a fitting on the thermostat housing that allows you to bleed the air out of the system. Like 66 said, look for the highest point in the cooling system, which may not be the fill hole for the fluid, and then look for something that looks like a hex head bolt. With the engine running, crack that bolt open a little, like bleeding brakes, and let air escape. You'll lose a little anti freeze with that, but until you have a solid stream of anti freeze, you still have air in the system. You should do this with the engine warm.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanx for the help guys, we just had to add the antifreeze closer to the thermostat at the release valve to get the air out, I think thats what my dad did, I was sleeping, but anyways thanx for all your help guys!