Mopar of the Month This section is for MoparForums.com's monthly Mopar of the Month nominations and voting. All other threads will be removed, so please read the rules before posting!!

Attention All Members!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 68sportsatelliteragtop
I have been watching the voting for MOTM and enjoy the friendly comments encouraging all to participate. I am still a newbie here but was fortunate enough to have my car nominated by a member who is not part of what I would call the "Usual Suspects",that is the same few who nominate and second most of the contestants. Maybe this is because no one else steps up. I would like to propose a twist to the contest that would pit like car against each other. Say 1 month it could be running project cars, then the next month daily driven cars, or highly modified cars like the past 2 winners, or stock appearing cars, you get the idea. The class for the following months contest would be announced early enough to let all members select contestants and post to admin. through PM's. At the start of the new contest the admin. would post the contestants based on no. of entries proposed. If more than 3 cars are up the cars w/ most nominations would be selected. The class of vehicle would rotate month to month to let all cars, be they show pieces or beaters or original cars, A,B,C,E,Late model,or whatever, see some additional exposure. Just my 2 cents, but may be worth discussion.
I like your thinking!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont see why its a big deal how many votes we get, could get 5 a month and there would still be a winner of MoM....vote if you want, dont if you dont.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 68sportsatelliteragtop
I have been watching the voting for MOTM and enjoy the friendly comments encouraging all to participate. I am still a newbie here but was fortunate enough to have my car nominated by a member who is not part of what I would call the "Usual Suspects",that is the same few who nominate and second most of the contestants. Maybe this is because no one else steps up. I would like to propose a twist to the contest that would pit like car against each other. Say 1 month it could be running project cars, then the next month daily driven cars, or highly modified cars like the past 2 winners, or stock appearing cars, you get the idea. The class for the following months contest would be announced early enough to let all members select contestants and post to admin. through PM's. At the start of the new contest the admin. would post the contestants based on no. of entries proposed. If more than 3 cars are up the cars w/ most nominations would be selected. The class of vehicle would rotate month to month to let all cars, be they show pieces or beaters or original cars, A,B,C,E,Late model,or whatever, see some additional exposure. Just my 2 cents, but may be worth discussion.
Anyone else like this idea?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:08 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the part about different things each month. I don't think that we should divide it by Body type.

But one problem with these ideas, is, lets say, for example, March is project car month. Then a guy joins in July with a project car. His car will be left out for the rest of the year just because he didn't join at the right time.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
I say kiss.....that stands for keep it simple stupid....the way it is done now is not perfect but it's not complicated either...my vote is to leave it alone.....opcorn:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 80 Likes on 80 Posts
I say let it stay the way it is
Old 07-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it would be a good thing to change things up a bit......maybe the body class match ups could be cool ("a" bodies one month, "b" bodies the next, etc....). What ever happens it will still be fun.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 67 GTX
I like the part about different things each month. I don't think that we should divide it by Body type.

But one problem with these ideas, is, lets say, for example, March is project car month. Then a guy joins in July with a project car. His car will be left out for the rest of the year just because he didn't join at the right time.
True....didn't think of that.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Originally Posted by 67 GTX

yes but, im sure if this happens the new member wont mind as they probably dont even know what MotM is yet...
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
I would like to see nominator's post a picture of the car they are nominating at least...or give a link to their album where the pictures can be viewed...just makes it easier for someone to second the nomination....
Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by bremereric
I would like to see nominator's post a picture of the car they are nominating at least...or give a link to their album where the pictures can be viewed...just makes it easier for someone to second the nomination....
Good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

I second the notion...

j
Old 07-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by 82mirada
yes but, im sure if this happens the new member wont mind as they probably dont even know what MotM is yet...

Not if I have anything to do with it!!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Mopar Fanatic

lol thats true, you do a very god job of promoting it on every noobie introductions thread for them to understand
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Mopar Lover

What about leaving it as a forum announcement either on the main page, or on the MotM page. I know when we would have a contest at our HT forums, we would have the announcement right on the main forum page. and the sub pages.

j