79 Trailduster/Ramcharger Diagnostic Tool

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
79 Trailduster/Ramcharger Diagnostic Tool

I'm looking for the tool, or any info about it I can find, that plugged into the female port that says 'DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR' on it. I'm told it was called a ' DRB 1'.

A couple of people have mentioned it had to do with the 'lean burn' system, but the way it is wired in, I'm assuming it analyzes more than just that. I've replaced the wiring harness, but for years have had problems.

It hiccups back thru the carb and eventually burns out the ignition module, etc. Every mech I take it to does the same thing - they replace the burnt out stuff and declare victory, but never actually fix the underlying problem, whatever that is. Two or three months later, it does the same thing - cranks up first time, then easily if only 5 minutes or so goes by, but after that, it gets harder and harder to crank, and you burn everything up keeping the key turned over for so long.

After the last guy 'fixed' it, the carb could not be adjusted, it was way too rich, so I put on a new one - a couple of months later, it's now running too rich, just as the one I replaced, which means there was prolly nothing wrong with it.

So, any info on the DRB 1, what exactly it does and if one can be found, or if what I've described is familiar, any advice would be appreciated.

Something has to help these bozos I keep shelling out to, to finally solve this problem.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 10:59 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had problems with 1 learn burn system, pulled the 2bbl intake put a 4bbl on it and a vac advance distributor solved my problems.
as far as the diagnostics tool i have no idea, have you tried a Chrysler service station?