newbie needing input

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry newbie needing input

Hi Guys

I could really do with some good quality input on this little problem.

i took my sons old 95 cirrus lxi 2.5 v6 and did new brakes on the rears....the car had sat in our garage for some 4 months before i did this...got to the point of bleeding the brakes and wenjt to start her up...battery was dead flat.
so jumped from my explorer and got her running to bleed the brakes..every time i turned her off had to boost......took battery out of wheel well to see it was 6 years old..so bought new one.....put it in and now we have turn over with plenty of power but she will not fire at all......fuel pump runs.....swapped relays around..ie tcm,asd,fuel etc and all are fine...just wonder if because i had to keep her connected to the explorer to keep it running when i was doing brake bleeding if i could have fried some thing.....also noted that when trying to turn her over i have no reading on the tachometer....did the key test and only thing shows it number 12 after i did the battery
i cant afford to go buying parts on a whim basis because of the cost of some of them as you all know.
would this have caused the crank position sensor to fry? i don't want to buy new distributor if its dont need it because i now the sensor is built on there and they cost..plus stripping it all down for nothing..i also notice that the front right turn lamp has a slight pulse when i try to start her up and the key is in the on position.
look forward to input...this is doing my head in being british and used to terminology i understand....lol i do have the faithfull haynes manuals.

on another point how would i know if timing belt had snapped

:banghead:

Last edited by justabrit; 06-17-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spelt word wrong
Old 06-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi! I work at the factory that made them, and I've had 3 of them. But I'm in the **** tonight! LOL I'll try to get back with you tomorrow. Ta! But the turn siggy issue make me think GROUND!!!! I'm an electrician by trade. So I usually know that when it don't work......look for power. But when stuff works weird in DC... LOOK FOR GROUND!

Last edited by scotts74birds; 06-17-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok..work this one out....i put her back together after checking power to all the relays and fuel module...even checked power to all the fuse holders etc......there is not one code out of place according to this machine......but i have a question...after i put it into key on engine off should there be any lights on the dash after the engine has done a power on self test....just wanna know cos i have none at all
i just cant believe u can change a battery on a perfect running car and then it gets buggered up and no one can explain..cosmic mystery