Cherokee 9 speed controversial question/advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Cherokee 9 speed controversial question/advice.

So I have a 2015 Cherokee, I got into an accident pretty much exactly a year ago driving to work... on my learners permit... the accident was caused by a faulty brake booster in an emergency stop situation which while investigating Jeep claimed to not be a problem yet when the car came back it was fixed.

Anyway needless to say they were no help, the problem is the accident punctured the transmission oil cooler and the tranny was burned before I even realized (it looked cosmetic at first). Now I didn't have my deductible at the time so I would've been unable to claim anyway even if I felt it wasn't a fault. My question is, one year later, having driven the car and experienced transmission issues continuously in the meantime. If I attempted to claim on the insurance could they tell by looking that it had been damaged for a year.

I am trying to work out my best way out of this and don't want to get into a legal mess on top of everything else.

At this stage it is either a late insurance claim or a voluntary repo (I know all the repercussions of the latter and would make arrangements to pay off what was still owed).
Old 01-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 496 Likes on 479 Posts
Stay away from the repo you could windup paying sixy percent of the note and NOTE have the vehicle. I know a person who has done that, bank dumped the car and the court made her pay the note.
The following users liked this post:
TheDoctor (01-26-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Iowan
Stay away from the repo you could windup paying sixy percent of the note and NOTE have the vehicle. I know a person who has done that, bank dumped the car and the court made her pay the note.
They can't enforce that in Texas, they can't garnish wages or anything for a car loan. They would have to work with me or get nothing at all.

If I go that route I will have a replacement car beforehand anyway.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 496 Likes on 479 Posts
I wonder how much it costs the rest of us for people to drop there problems on the banks, nothing is free in life.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Iowan
I wonder how much it costs the rest of us for people to drop there problems on the banks, nothing is free in life.
With a repo there is no cost to transfer, the car gets sold and the bank attempt to get it back, which they will since I would be making payments, the idea is not to avoid paying for it it is to reduce what I have to pay by having them sell the car so that I can afford payments on a working one. With the insurance thing everyone effects everyone else to a certain extent I suppose.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:33 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
IF it was a faulty brake booster ? It's lawyer time Have Chrysler fix it SHOULD BE UNDER WARRANTY
The following users liked this post:
TheDoctor (01-26-2017)
Old 01-26-2017, 08:07 AM

Angry

Originally Posted by TVLynn
IF it was a faulty brake booster ? It's lawyer time Have Chrysler fix it SHOULD BE UNDER WARRANTY
That was my initial approach, Chrysler sent someone out to examine the car, it went in with the crappy brakes that caused the accident and came out with perfect brakes and the guy denying he experienced any brake problems so now I have no leg to stand on.

He either took it in and "examined" the brakes before driving it and something about the examination fixed the brake issue OR, more cynically, he took it in and fixed the brakes in order to get out of fix anything else, either way it leaves me screwed.