Is the culprit my BCM?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the culprit my BCM?

hi i have a 98 grand caravan with what i think is a bad bcm (body control module) but would like to get someone else's opinion. first clue i found is that the lights on the hvac controls flash for the first 20 minutes the vehicle is runnin then stop, second, my gauges randomly cut out, third (and this one has to be fixed) my low beams dont work. everything else works but when i got in it the other nite and turned the lights on, the low beams wouldnt come on. running, fog, and hi-beams still work and i can hear the relay clicking when i turn the switch inside, but no lows. am i right or does anyone out there know what else my problem may be? thank everyone.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Start by getting a FSM (Factory Service Manual) and diagnose it before tossing parts at it. The FSM will have schematics in it which will help you test the BCM outputs and inputs. Simple rule: power in-power out= BCM good (look at components and related wiring), power in-no power out=BCM bad, no power in, look someplace else (switch circuit and wiring).