What are these bucket seats out of? Guessing game! lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What are these bucket seats out of? Guessing game! lol

Hey guys, Just trying to figure out what the seats in my Coronet came out of. I am almost positive they are mopar seats judging by the mounting brackets and the side lever to slide the seat back and forth. At first I thought they might have come out of a 74 Duster but after looking a bit closer the duster seats have the lever to lean the seat forward on the bottom back corner by the door like an E body seat. Where as mine (as you can see) is on the side of the seat. The seats are very narrow. I feel like my but is hanging off the sides setting in them and I'm not that big. And a big butt is one thing I can certainly say god did not bless me with lmao. But being so narrow I was thinking they came out of something 75 and up. Also one other question are the bucket seat frames and springs in a 64 Sport Fury the Same as 68 B body buckets? I went to a swap meet today and a guy had a set of bucket seats. He just said he thinks they came out of a mopar but wasnt sure. They had the chrome on the sides of them which is what really threw me off about them so I wasnt 100% they were b body seats either(after getting home and doing some google image searche I found that they were 64 sport fury seats spot on perfect match!). Please dont send me too many digital slaps here lol. I went to this swap meet completely broke hoping maybe I could find some cheap trim pieces or something I only had about 50 bucks of spending money, rest is spent on bills unfortunately this week. But anyways the guy had 200 on the seats. He told me he would take 100. I tried getting him to take the 50 even though I felt I was insulting him it was all I had unfortunately. But I had to walk away from the seats kicking myself in the *** the whole way. I know you can spend anywhere from 500 to 1000 on rusted springs and tracks for b body seats. So this was probably one of the toughest deals I have ever walked away from lol. Just thought I'd see if I could have gotten these seats and made them look like original 68 r/t seats. Just to give myself the relief or the extra kick in the *** lmao. Word to the wise for you guys.. dont ever go to a swap meet broke. If you go with money you dont find any deals, but you go broke you will find all kinds! For instance also at this swap meet, a guy had an A 833 23 spline and pistol grip shifter! transmission was in really nice shape looked like it was freshly rebuilt. The pistol grip was really nice as well The actual shifter part of the shifter (part that actually hooks up to the linkage on the tranny) looked to be new. The chrome on the handle could have been better but was really nice for a driver, and the grips were in great shape as well. 325 bucks!!!!! for all of it together OBO!!! I was like WTF!! WHY MUST I FIND THIS NOW! lol He told me he would do 250 for everything. Now I figure with the tranny its worth atleast 250 as a complete rebuilder. The shifter from what I've seen on ebay is anywhere between 500 and 800 for a complete new pistol grip set up. And it also had a big block bellhousing on it. Which i really dont know what thats worth I figured anywhere between 50 and 200. It was in very nice shape. He didnt know what he had. He just said he knew it was a mopar tranny. Also not to mention the friggin 354 hemi I found! 400 bucks for a complete motor. Dude said it ran when pulled! So yeah dont ever go to a swap meet broke! lol I swear I can go to a damn swap meet with thousands of dollars and wont find crap! I go broke and the place is full of dream deals! You know the ones we all fantasize about where you find grandma or grandpa with something he or she has had in their attic forever and thinks its junk and gives it away pretty much! I ran into so many good deals it was unreal. Only guy I found with any b body trim knew what he had and wanted money for it lol. I ended up leaving the swap meet empty handed and almost in tears! Ok I'll stop ranting about my very dissapointing day. Here is the pic of the seats in my coronet i'm wanting to know about.

Last edited by rcknrolfender79; 10-20-2012 at 11:09 PM.