So do you think I should do this...another scam sent to my e-mail

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 181 Likes on 170 Posts
So do you think I should do this...another scam sent to my e-mail

Dear Sir,

My name is Steve Hamza direct KTT Wire transfer. i know you do not know me before but after a serious thought, I decided to reach you personally after this Christmas because I do not have anything against you, but your so called partners. I am the director of wire transfer/telex department FOREIGN AFFAIRS with (OAU) and ALL NIGERIA FOREIGN PAYMENT via wire transfer in collaboration with World Bank regards to debt payment.

Sometime ago your so called partner approached me through a friend of mine and requested that I assist him to conclude a money transfer deal with you as the beneficiary. According to him, he wanted us to use this strategy to transfer a huge amount of us dollars by registering you as a beneficiary that is about to be paid as contractor / inheritance. We agreed that once I did that, he will give me 40% of the total fund, 30% for YOU and 30% for himself. Having agreed on that i went ahead and programmed your name on the payment computer as the beneficiary, after doing that, your so called partners started playing pranks with me trying to double cross me because they know that i did not have any legal charges against them, but they refused to understand that the money was still on the way and had not hit your account.

Because of that i placed a stop order, call back the money and deleted your payment (CODE) from the system, which made it impossible for you to receive the payment no-matter what you try. I am aware that they have been bribing some officials to get another approval to enable them transfer the money to you but all efforts were to no success. Rather they keep demanding non existing fees from you. Is it not funny that a beneficiary is being asked to pay for approval while his fund is here with us? Well, This is the real cause for the delay.

I GOT INFORMATION THAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU THAT YOUR MONEY IS IN OFFSHORE BANK ACCOUNT, BEAR IN MIND YOUR PAYMENT IS NOT IN ANY OFFSHORE, YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT FROM ANY OFFSHORE CENTERS AS FOLLOWS (1) LONDON, SPAIN, HOLLAND, DUBAI BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY TOLD YOU, OR TELLING YOU THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE THE MONEY VIA CONSIGNMENT (BOXES) WHICH NEVER EXIST IN ANY BANKING/TRANSFER TERM GLOBALLY.

Now if you want us to work together, these are my conditions.

(I) I will have 50% of the money and 50% for you because it is only two of us and you must keep off from every other person and keep it highly confidential and secret.

(ii) You MUST assure me that you will not betray me at last and my own share will be wired into the account I will provide or keep safe until when I arrive in your country for the sharing.

(iii) We can conclude the transaction with utmost SECRET and CONFIDENTIAL if you agree to adhere to my directives based on these conditions being acceptable by you, contact me immediately to enable us finalize all the arrangement.

As soon as we agreed, i will procure the necessary approvals on your behalf also update your fill to have a smooth transfer both now and after the money have got into your account.

If you do not agreed with my condition, i will advice you to forget about the funds because there is no way you can conclude the transfer without my help, rather you will keep being deceived by impostors and being asked for more non existing fees.

Get back to me through my private email: mrstevehamzacbn@globomail.com also makes sure you call me on my direct Tel No: +234-81-69665438

Best Regards.
Steve Hamza
Tel:+234-81-69665438
Old 12-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 248 Likes on 241 Posts
You're kidding, right? Delete it and move on. I used to get 10 of those a day in my yahoo account, for some reason, yahoo seems to have improved its spam filtering.

Only ones I do anything with are the ones "dressed up" to look, example, exactly like somebody like ebay. I forward them to whoever I can find, webmaster, etc.

Otherwise, "ignore."
Old 12-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 359 Likes on 333 Posts
A Canadian TV show had some people taken like this, they were Nigerian too. I got a letter from Spain from a "lawyer" saying I was a long lost relative of some fella who left money that wasn't claimed and if I said I was related and kept it confidential "we" would split the fortune.
You could print it and take it to law inforcement, it might help.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Yes I am kidding but I thought you guys would love this because you might have seen this before.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

This is the wife of the guy that sent it to me...

Name:  methhead.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  40.9 KB
Old 12-31-2011, 05:46 AM
Administrator with a large ban hammer !

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Tell him you will help him, but he must first wire you $100.00 american so you can set up a "secret" bank account to hide the proceeds from your "so called partner" and that you cannot call him because Federal Agent Max Smart has been tailing you for weeks and he is using a high powered listening device to hear everything you say. Tell him you are being targeted because you refused to cooperate with your partner and he has put a "hit" on you. You could really use the money to get away and start a new life for yourself and your family, (BettySue, little Jamal and the conjoined triplets).
Old 12-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Mopar Lover

All seriousnos aside, (heh) I would never recommend replying to one of these. I'm sure you'll end up permanently on somebody's spambot. It's obvious that these people have gigantic mail lists they pass around. One night, all of a sudden, my yahoo account got about 25 of these from different sources, different formats, etc.

The ones I enjoy are the ones from the FBI
Old 12-31-2011, 12:49 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got one from the new york city dmv saying that i had a bunch of speeding tickets i needed to clean up. never even been close to the state of new york. i also had one from "UPS" saying my package was not delievered, so i clicked on it, and it was a virus that yahoo prevented from being downloaded to my computer. i just don't pay attention to my email anymore, just when im expecting something
Old 12-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by destroyerbear
i clicked on it, and it was a virus
This is a great example of "why I use Linux." Linux will not execute windows based commands, so even if you GET a "virus" it just won't run. I realize fully that many of you may have specialized programs such as for programming fuel injection, various softwares, for taxes, & etc, that you cannot duplicate on Linux, but for CASUAL everyday browzing, if you are an active person on the internet, you really should investigate some version of it.

You can set up a "dual boot" situation, where Windows never enters the picture unless you need it. I used to use "Ubuntu" but they have recently gone to a disgusting desktop known as "Unity" which I refuse to use. I'm currently running "Mint." which I've used previous, and SUSE is supposed to be an "old" stable version

On linux, which I've used everyday for the last 5 years or more, I just simply have HAD no problems with viruses, trojans, or even much in the way of pop ups, and ya, I"ve searched some places of the www -- some accidently -- that most people probably don't. I have NO virus protection whatever. NONE

I haven't really used Whenhozed now for much of anything, other than maybe once in a few months for some little job.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Things that I get in my spam folder

[ No Subject ]
Saturday, February 18, 2012 3:22 PM

"Mrs.Mary Parker" info@iidfc.com

To:
undisclosed-recipients

Dear Beloved in Christ,

I am Mrs.Mary Parker an aging widow suffering from long time illness. I
have some funds I inherited from my late husband, the sum of 7.5 Million
Pounds and I needed a very honest and God fearing Christian that will use
the fund for God's work, I found your email address from the internet and
decided to contact you. Please if you would be able to use the funds for
the Lord's work, kindly reply me at my email;maryparker507@gmail.com.

Yours in the Lord,

Mrs.Mary Parker.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
thinkin with me dipstick

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
whenever i get those, i reply back with the name of the fbi field director, local field office address and phone number