New Members Feel free to introduce yourself.

New and need help - Cordoba

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problems man, ask away.
When you say rolling chassis you mean to take everything out, engine/tranny combo, interior. Right down to the shell ? You can do it for sure.. A LOT OF WORK. Now is a good time to source what you will need and price some things out so there will be no surprises and it will give you better understanding of the scope of the project. I am sort of guessing at this point, are you replacing the interior ? Or just taking it out and putting it back in ?
Things you can count on
1. Spending money..haha, ok I'll get back on track here

Autobody stuff...tools, filler, sanding paper, sand, paint, primer, reducer etc, there's a grand...depending on the shape of the car.
Ya see what I am getting at, make a rough list and attack it from there.
Oh ya, post up some pics so we will have a better understanding of what your up against.

Last edited by Polaradude; 11-09-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Mopar Lover

For sure, we freaks on the east coast get salt etc on the daily drivers and we undercoat the ***** out of everything. Ya pics would be an asset to us out in cyberspace to give more accurate advice.
A lot you could do yourself for sure. There are lots of you tube vids also on body work etc. Check em out.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice looking project.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Mopar Lover

Right on..pics. Cars in great shape man.
If you want the cheap and dirty undercoating to hold you over, get a syphon can hooked to an air compressor and spray under the car with ATF just avoid exhaust pipes etc.
with regards to the fuel line that's "AN" line and should be used with the proper fittings etc. The advantage of the ss line is you can get at it easier if you have too and you can put an inline filter anywhere ya want.
Do you have scrap yards around where you are ? Perhaps you could grab a harness there.
At the end of the day its totally up to you man.
Good score man it's in better shape than I had pictured.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
whats the condition of the motor?
Old 11-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Mopar Lover

If you are going to go that far contact the media blasting shops and get their 2 cents on the topic..can't hurt right.
AN fittings are a thread type, I think 37 degrees, kind of like JIC fittings for hydraulics. You can't mix fittings or they leak, easy way is too look at summit or a site like that. They all sell AN fittings and probably explain it better than me..haha
But you could make your own fuel line from ss tubing and/or flare kit and viton fuel line ( black stuff ).
Keep us posted bro