General Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frustrated...

Hello all, I am new here, but I needed somewhere that I could come and get some information on an issue that I am having. I don't know if this thread belongs here, or if it needs to be moved, and if I posted it in the wrong area, I apologize....

I recently purchased a 2011 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Edition. When we purchased the van, it came with the MyGig radio with DVD, but there was no overhead screen. We talked to the dealer about having the overhead screen installed and hooked up through the system so that it would be identical to having it factory installed. We paid an extra $1000 on the van to have the screen installed. When we arrived to pick up the vehicle, they had installed an Audiovox stand alone DVD player that is not even hooked up to play audio through the stereo.....Needless to say we are LIVID.

In an attempt to get this worked out with the dealership, I contacted a Mopar vendor to see what my cost would be to purchase the setup out right, and after looking at some books he told me that he needed to call someone. When he called back, he said that the part I needed to order was so new that it wasn't in the catalogues yet, and gave me a part number of 82213034AB, and stated that my cost would be $1100.

The problem is, I can't find any information on that Mopar part, and my dealer seems inept, so I am attempting to compile all the appropriate documentation I can to get them to order and install the correct thing.

Can any of you tell me where I can go, or who I can contact to get some more information on the part number: 82213034AB It is supposed to be the LCD screen, wiring harnesses, remote, headphone, and everything that would need to be ordered to complete this issue.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I am to the point that I am ready to tell the dealer to just take the van back if they can't give me what I was promised.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:43 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't have the last 9 digits of your VIN, but this is the kit I show for your van. It is for 08-12 RT minivans. It is not "new". It has been out for a few years. The PN# is: 82210759AG and is in the $1100 range. I have the install directions, but the .pdf is too large to post. Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you. info@cjdautomotive.com