Complete Mystery !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the first thing that comes to mind is the starter itself and the starter solenoid. Starters dont like to work when they get hot. If the solenoid is not grounded well that could cause intermittent problems also.. Need to find out where the fuel pump is getting its power from. Is there a fuel pump relay to check? If the relay gets its power from the starter solenoid or starter relay, that might explain the symptoms. I dont think the ignition switch would give any trouble.

I used to have a GTO in high school and I used to carry around a gallon of water and a 3ft. section of garden hose. The hedders would heat up the starter and nothing would happen when I went to restart it. So; break out water and hose and cool down starter by pouring water on the starter through the hose. Voila! started right up.

Anyway, I dont know if any of this is gonna help your situation but, I wish you the best of luck with it. Keep us up to date if you can, Im interested to hear the fix or whats causing it. ...ENJOY!!...
Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Strange cause he says the car wont start when the ambient air temp is high, but once its running, its ok, ie; no hot start problems. Seems that if it was under the hood, the high temps would cause him restart problems and strand him all the time. I suggest RTFM and get a DMM and trace the inside if the car to start.