Crane Cams Pushrods Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 01:12 PM
Mopar Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Crane Cams Pushrods Part Number

Any one have a REALLY old Crane Cams catalogue. I have a set of Crane pushrods P/N 99479-1 purchased in 2000. Trying to identify the length of these (don't have a mic long enough to measure with).
Old 02-26-2024, 08:37 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
I tried searching the defunct cranecams website via the WayBack Machine but, I couldn't find that part number. I did however find out what the 99 prefix of the part number indicates. It means "Miscellaneous Parts for all engine APD". The pushrods I could find with the 99 prefix were all of the adjustable checking type.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I listed my findings below. Here is also a link if you'd like to try digging through the archives.
https://web.archive.org/web/*/cranecams.com/

Part Numbering System
All Crane Cams part numbers carry either five digits followed by a dash and a quantity suffix, or six digits, for easier computer inventory control. The first two digits of each of the part numbers tells exactly which engine family that particular part will correctly fit, or that it is an item that applies to several different engines. For instance, all small-block Chevrolets (262-400) are identified as an "11" prefix. A small-block Chevy camshaft, grind number PowerMax H-260-2 is Part Number 113901. The "11" indicates that this cam is for a small-block Chevy, the "390" identifies the part number that is computer assigned to the PowerMax H-260-2 grind.

To go further, a "13" prefix indicates big-block Chevys 396-454; Ford "Windsor" 221-302 head engines are "36" prefix; and Mopar "LA" engines 273-360 are "69" prefix.

Crane rocker arms carry similar engine family prefixes. Other valve train component items, such as valve springs, retainers, valve stem seals, valve stem locks, etc., which are applicable to several engine families, carry the "99" prefix. There are some minor exceptions to this basic guideline, but the system is easily understood once it becomes familiar to you.

To further show you how this prefix numbering system works, we are showing below some of the more common engine families and the prefix that identifies their application. By learning this system you can readily identify and verify a specific part number's engine family, double checking for accuracy in your selection.

NOTE: Due to basic differences in their design, some engine families will have two or three different prefixes. These identify the differences as they apply to camshaft selection.

These Checking Pushrods are adjustable with over 1.000" of travel, enabling you to arrive at the correct pushrod length to create the correct valve train geometry for your particular engine, or when using hydraulic lifters, to determine hydraulic lifter preload. These pushrods are not to be run in your engine. Once correct pushrod length is determined, refer to our pushrod listings, or order special length pushrods. Checking Pushrods come two per package.

link 1 - year 2000 system index
link 2 - year 2000 adjustable push rods

Last edited by dodgem880; 02-26-2024 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:51 AM
Mopar Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for trying to check this out for me. After posting I went digging through my old files and found a Crane catalogue from the late '90s and couldn't find the number in there. I got the number from the old Summit receipt they were purchased on. Thanks for you efforts.