'69 RR, possible resto-mod. advice!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'69 RR, possible resto-mod. advice!?

Well, last summer my girlfriend picked up '69 Roadrunner that we're going to be fixing up. It's a 383 column shift car. The car's in pretty good shape over all. It's going to need a pair of quarter panels, some patch work in the trunk floor, patches at the bottom corners of the rear window and I'm gonna have to do something about the way a previous owner patched a couple small spots on the front fenders. That's about it for metal work

The interior is so/so, it has a pair of bucket seats out of a different car, '71 RR I believe.. but she likes them so they'll stay, atleast for now. The rear seat needs to be recovered, needs a carpet and headlinder and everything else will be painted and dyed black until we can afford to replace it all.

Mechanically, the car goes great and won't be needing too much, though I am sensing an engine rebuild in it's future just to get some more power out of it.

She wants to keep this car pretty simple so it's probably gonna keep the black steel wheels and police style center keeps. As for colors our first thought was to do it up original. So it would be sunfire yellow with the wide black stripes. Then she started looking at other colors and decided she really liked plum crazy purple. I think we've settled on going with the new plum crazy purple color used on the new Challengers. I think it's just a bit darker and has more depth than the original pcp. My thoughts are to build a mildly custom car, using the modern plum crazy color, maybe moving up to a larger wheel size but staying with the same style wheel, (I think you can order them from stockton wheel) going with either the flat black hood or the wide stripes and eventually when we can afford it having a custom black leather interior made up using purple stitching.
So I'm curious what you all think. Which direction would you guys go with this car? Have any other ideas? Or do you like our plan for it?

Old 11-13-2010, 10:45 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plum crazy with panther pink stripe and hood,
jk
Old 11-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
In my honest opinion....
I'd keep the original color. Look at that yellow '69 with the Magnum 500's behind your car in your picture. That's a similar post car with an original color and it's sweet!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome to the forum
looks like a solid car