72 Roadrunner Console Bracket Location??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 72 Roadrunner Console Bracket Location??

Looking for some help with installing the brackets on the floor for the center console in my 72 roadrunner. Im guessing all 71'-74' B or E bodys are the same locations. I just replaced the entire floor pan (AMD), but dont see anything helpful on the floor to help with install. The original interior/floor did NOT have a console, but i would like to add one...

Looking for any helpful advice or information. Thanx
Old 10-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Phat, grab your console, attach the brackets as they would be if you were mounting the console, then sit the console in place where you need it and where it looks good. Once you have it located, stick some small pieces of foam in the holes on the brackets like where it would mount to the floor pan. If there are no holes, drill you one on each mounting point. Put some paint on the foam, nice and wet, then re-sit the console in place and the wet foam will leave you locating points of where to attach the brackets.

I checked my service manual and there wasn't anything in it to help,. maybe in a body assembly manual someone would have the page showing the locating points.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can you be more specific on what you want? I have a 74 with the console out right now. It appears that there are mounting holes in the bracket below the console box, and some on the bracket, just in front of the shifter. Four bolts total. If you need pics or measurements, PM me.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:58 PM

Buck, thanx thats very helpful. I was kinda thinkin the same thing, although i dont have the specific brackets at this time. Think im gonna order some from AMD like now lol. I guess i was more concerned on the console correct postion...i dont wanna install it too far forward or too far back. I also dont have the shifter yet either...that might help too huh?

Scott, thanx bro. i emailed you
Old 10-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Mopar Lover

Location: Michigan: The First Line of Defense From The Canadians!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No you didnt!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Mopar Lover

Yep, the shifter will help more than you can imagine. There's a circular indentation on the upper slope of the tranny tunnel, driver's side, with 3 hole impressions arounds that. That is where you drill for the shift lever to go thru. If you have your shifter and linkage, it's gonna show you almost exactly where the console will have to go in order to work. Then it's just a case of adjusting it side to side and just a little back and forward to have it right.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 AM

well actually the car was originally a coloumn shift car and i wanna convert it over to a floor shift cable type deal. Will this put a kink in the plan? Would the cable still be routed thru this hole on the hump?
Old 10-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Mopar Lover

I'm not sure where the cable one would run thru. I think that's gonna be one you just have to play with in order to figure it out.Sorry
Old 03-10-2012, 05:02 AM

73 satellite console mounting

Originally Posted by BuckNeccid
I'm not sure where the cable one would run thru. I think that's gonna be one you just have to play with in order to figure it out.Sorry
hey buck , im new to this site - found it looking for info on installing a console into a column shift car . i read what u have written so far and
sounds like u might b able to help me out .
i have a 73 satellite that is pressently a column shift car , i also have the console and original slap stick shifter and the bracket that mounts the shifter out of a 73 roadrunner, i dont have the other console mounting brackets . I found a 71 duster with the console , shifter and brackets , will they work for my 73 B body ? if not where can i find them ??
thanks in advance
Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by satelliteman
hey buck , im new to this site - found it looking for info on installing a console into a column shift car . i read what u have written so far and
sounds like u might b able to help me out .
i have a 73 satellite that is pressently a column shift car , i also have the console and original slap stick shifter and the bracket that mounts the shifter out of a 73 roadrunner, i dont have the other console mounting brackets . I found a 71 duster with the console , shifter and brackets , will they work for my 73 B body ? if not where can i find them ??
thanks in advance
Satellite Man, I'm not sure about the Duster stuff, the brackets might work, the shifter should work, but if it was me, I'd just use the Satellite shifter you have, and mate it with the Duster mounts, if they would work once mounted to your console. Put them in place, and see if they touch the floorpan. There's a pretty good chance it can be made to work with just a little effort, and I'm almost positive the Satellite/Duster shifter itself is identical, just make sure to use the Satellite arms.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
It will go thru the hole... IF you have the option run the cable to the rear and up to the trans Keeping it away from the exhaust. If not make sure to put a protective heat shield around the cable