Are these the right leaf springs??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 AM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Are these the right leaf springs??

New leafs arrived today, but they look just as stacked as the Super Stocks I have on now

Also, if they are the correct stock replacements, which side is which?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
look correct from here. The sides interchange actually. Some were marked with a L and R. If yours are not just install them. The bolts for the front of the bracket are 3/8 and love to snap off if you look at them wrong. Spray liberallity with a rust penetration leave sit, work back and forth each a few times spray more leave sit, chase threads with a tap and die set remove.

Hope you ordered the rear spring shackle kits as well. Most of the time one of the studs just wont cooperate and busts OR the rubbers are shot to hell. Word of advice the nuts are cheap to replace. I use a method that seems to work well. Heat up the nut with a torch. Install nut splitter so that it widens the nut since the splitter seems to bust if you try to crack the nut. Remove nuts, plate, work the springs back and forth side to side to get out of rubber that is most likely rusted nicely in.

I usually blast both shackles clean along with the front mount. Paint all parts rebuilders gray or satin black and install with new rubbers on shackle along with new dot peened lock nuts.

Just a note but those springs are actually in primer not paint. They will rust after a few months unless you put some paint on them.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:47 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by jacilynn_s
look correct from here. The sides interchange actually. Some were marked with a L and R. If yours are not just install them.
According to Google
4452982 Right Side
4452983 Left Side

The bolts for the front of the bracket are 3/8 and love to snap off if you look at them wrong. Spray liberallity with a rust penetration leave sit, work back and forth each a few times spray more leave sit, chase threads with a tap and die set remove.
For some reason, the front bracket on mine doesn't look like an OEM piece

Is that what's supposed to be there?

If so, do I use the lower or upper mounting holes?

Hope you ordered the rear spring shackle kits as well. Most of the time one of the studs just wont cooperate and busts OR the rubbers are shot to hell.
Well, I will now lol

Actually, I'll have to wait another day because I've got a transmission job taking up my lift