My 68 Fury

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 68 Fury

ok well i posted in new members section i picked this up,but currently deployed blahblah the guy said it wouldnt go into gear because of a plate which he said he fixed? but then he and my wife said it stopped working when it got to my garage?

i dont know what he means by PLATE? i was thinking the linkage possibly? that would cause it not to have forward gears? it just sucks being away and not being able to see anything either way.. it will get fixed just didnt know what he meant by plate?

on another note while im over here this is what im looking at

im going to go with 20x10 or 7.5 or mabye staggered for summer and put the no holes back on with studded tires for winter

heres the car for people who havent seen it

Old 04-19-2009, 03:38 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
I have no idea either. Those black and chrome rims would look sick on it. It looks like it is in good shape from the pics.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
looks like a solid car
Old 04-19-2009, 06:19 PM
MoparMania-no cure for it

X2 on the black & chrome rims, perfect for that car
Old 06-01-2009, 05:37 AM

Question?

im thinking i might go sleeper on this and get a low rise SC for this..thing is will i need a different rear end? if so what should i look at @ swapping out with?

im not familiar with automatics so can i just keep the shift lever on the colum or would i need to get a floor mount? the tranny is being rebuilt as we speak,

also for the interior seat covers im trying to find something i looked @ year1 but it said a bodies mostly for the covers?

also the dash and steering wheel i think i want to go black from the current blue....
Old 06-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Mopar Lover

Check legendaryautointeriors.com
Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
SC? Do you know what rear axle you have in it now?

You don't have to install a floor shifter. I'd keep the column shifter unless you plan on drag racing it in some of the faster classes.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Studded tires???? winter driving???? Salt? Snow? Don't do it. Keep the toys for nice weather and get a beater for the snow.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 AM

Nice looking car, get home safe and enjoy that thing!
Old 06-01-2009, 11:01 PM

LOL @ the studded yes...i was thinking of just having it for the begining winter months im in alaska...we dont use salt...just gravel....

but im looking @ some beaters with heaters for the winter months...

im going to repaint the car also..mabye a flat black...thought about having the stockers painted red keeping the chrome trim and chrome baby moons...

as far as the rear end i have no clue i have to do some deeper searching to figure it out...or until i get home...

thanks for the input guys going to search the interior now = )
Old 06-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Mopar Lover

Alaska! hat is the only place to see this sign: "Vehicles must yield to aircraft" or something like that. I saw the sign posted because airplanes will actually land on the road, right?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy4Carz.Com
Alaska! hat is the only place to see this sign: "Vehicles must yield to aircraft" or something like that. I saw the sign posted because airplanes will actually land on the road, right?
LOL yea but thats a little further out in the country...they usually land on lakes though haha

they have yellow signs with a moose falling off a cliff...basically its a moose falling area...
Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Mopar Lover

haha
Old 10-15-2009, 11:00 PM

well guys im finally home and got to meet my fury.... got some issues....

i had the tranny rebuilt no problem now...wife said (prior to me coming home) oil light came on when she tried starting it to move it..i fixed that..it was just a battery = )im glad she was cautious about the oil light but no problems...

valve covers have a slight leak got new gaskets...bought new air filter....went to crank it up...and reaized no Fuel...so i added 5gallons of gas after about 2 min of cranking...she fired up....ran good...HOWEVER i heard an exhaust leak.... = /

got it down to my house and opended the hood and the header driver side has a hole in it ...so heres where im stuck is trying to find headers...i realized i have to be careful on What full lengths i order because hey wont fit due to the "COOL" torsion bars...so my question is what are my choices? what are you guys using? the dodge dealer cant get the OEMs.. so thats not an option...i would like to get it done before our first snow fall...

over all the car is in fair shape...like any project i got some work....i got to replace all Rubber/bushings Etc...motormounts are good though...
it has an edelbrock intake manifold...and a carb i havent checked which brand.

the only major issue at hand is the trunk...it has some quarter sized rust holes.....

this weekend im goind to go out and sand down areas in the trunk to eliminate some of the rust then primer over....not sure if i should try finding (or where to find) an aftermarket trunk pan......
or hope someone has a old vehicle willing to part with (shipping would be ridiculous)

but the headers are issue #1
Old 10-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Mopar Fan

Hi mate.
I have a 68 Fury also and I've been building it up after a total stripdown since March. A buddy of mine gave me a good set of headers off his 73 Roadrunner which was fitted with a 318. These fitted my 318 Fury without too much hassle -except that you have to remove the drag-link, fit the headers and then thread the drag-link back through the headers. This is apparently no more than my buddy has to do when fitting headers to his RR.
If your Fury is a small block too this should work for you.

As for the trunk:try glueing some quarters in there -as a bonus they won't rust.........

Terry.

Last edited by raindance654; 10-16-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: addendum
Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 PM

thanks...actually i got a day to go out an look at my car.... i dont think the header is a problem afterall..... i put a screw driver back there to probe for a hole...and noticed the header gasket bunched up... like folded and cracked... so my new guess (seeing as i couldnt probe a hole) is that the leak is out of the gasket....

i started taking the header off....discon the battery....i stook the first nut off easy...i undid the second bolt...and got coolant everywhere... so i plugged it back up...didnt realize i had to drain the fluid.. = / ...so after work (3pm hopefully) im hoping it will warm up...at least to 40deg.... so i can take the header off...and p[ut a new gasket on ...or find the hole and have it fixed somehow!!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Mopar Lover

68 , just a suggestion, but if you havent finished up on the header prob. yet, when you put it back together, I always put an exhaust stud back in the water jacket holes, then used stainless nuts, to bolt the header up. this will save you a few steps the next time the header starts leaking.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:10 PM

yea i got it back on bought all new SS studs and nuts i also took my tap/die kit and cleaned up the threads in the block (used same thread pitch) she sounds awsome now got her emissions done,and got to drive her...just in time because the weather is about 20degrees now and they are talking aboutn negatives next few days!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:14 AM

That's a tight 4-door...don't see too many of these out there. Do you have anymore pics of the whole car, maybe outside or something? Here's mine...ex highway patrol.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 118 Likes on 116 Posts
I like the wheels on that Fury, greenram. I have baby moons exactly like the original poster's on mine, and they look pretty good but I LOVE the blacked out rallye style wheels with the small hubcap in the middle. Very cool! Small block in yours?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Skwerly
I like the wheels on that Fury, greenram. I have baby moons exactly like the original poster's on mine, and they look pretty good but I LOVE the blacked out rallye style wheels with the small hubcap in the middle. Very cool! Small block in yours?
It's got the big boy in it...440!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by greenram0183
It's got the big boy in it...440!!
nice