69 Cuda Brake Upgrade: Where do I start?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
69 Cuda Brake Upgrade: Where do I start?

Picked up a 69 cuda in pretty good condition. Needs a paint job but runs. The only thing keeping me from driving it as my primary vehicle is the brakes. They're squishy as heck. This goes beyond the general difference between a modern car and an old boat like this with drums on all four corners and no power assist. Between the problem my local mechanic can't track down and the fact that I live in the Seattle area it's worth it to me to do a disc brake upgrade just for the safety anyway.

So I started looking into it and there are an overwhelming number of different options. I've found links on a number of Mopar forums, tons of kits with completely different sets of parts, tons of videos online and the more I research the more lost I feel.

Does anyone have good recommendations on where to start. I can't even find a complete enough list of parts to feel like I can price compare the different parts kits.

Can I get some good recommendations on where to start from y'alls? I'm not really looking for how to do it yet, I'm just trying to understand what all I need to figure out how to do so I can start putting together a plan.

In fact right now I feel like if someone could just point me at a truly complete list of all the parts involved then I can start figuring out which of those I will need new of and which I can re-use.

Then I can get into the more detailed issues like deciding if I should go with 4 discs or just in front, should I swap to B-body spindles or what the heck "weird pin-type calipers" are and all the rest.

Thanks in advance.
-Aaron
Old 05-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 869 Likes on 848 Posts
My suggestion..... SSBC performance brake kit..... You decide the rest....
Just my 2 cents.....
Keep us posted....