NHRA Supernats at Englishtown - my take on it

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NHRA Supernats at Englishtown - my take on it

Went for the first time in quite a few years. My grandson is 12 and I wanted him to have the experience of seeing, feeling, and smelling the fuel cars run. Ya know, somebody should invent a gas additive that would make the exhaust smell like nitro. Maybe an air freshener that smells like nitro?
Kinda neat watching Garlits race again. He was running in Stock Eliminator with an '09 Challenger.
I gotta admit that the 'Al-Anabi' race team from Qatar bothers me a little. Jeez, that guy seems to have bought in to a lot of race teams, pro and sportsman. I know it's tough to get sponsors and race so I guess you can't blame the racers.
What happened to the Mopar Performance Road Show??!!!! I walked around to see if they were somewhere obscure but they were nowhere. Man, I was really disappointed. To me, that was kinda like a kid walking into the FAO Schwartz toy store. On the same subject, the entire vendor midway was really small compared to the last time I went.
On the plus side, I gotta give Englishtown a 'thumbs up'. That track really tends to the details. The food was good, the rest rooms were clean, the track surface was good, they had people going around cleaning up trash constantly, and everyone was friendly. A really nice race track.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:26 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
I have attended many NHRA events but none at Englishtown... Its on my "Bucket List " to attend at least one race at all NHRA National events... I must say that I have more ahead of me than I have attended...

I also love the smell of Nitro and have thought of a spray that captures its fragrance just right... Also, the smell of a burnout and the smell of the traction compound they spray the track with...

I think the lack of vendors is a sign of the times... I know at the Gator Nationals they have had less and less every year in the past three or four years.... Even the spectators are fewer and fewer.... Again, just my take also......
Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 386 Likes on 381 Posts
the economy is in the crapper and it shows. When you end up spending $100 by the time you get to your seat ??? Plus motels and gas. You have a choice of feeding your family or ?