Anyone ever been hit - Mopar Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #1

Anyone ever been hit

Just curious if anyone has ever been hit by another driver and what has the reaction of the other drivers insurance company as far as paying damages on one of these older Mopars when they find out the costs when you finally locate the replacement parts.Just wonder if the insurance companies try to give you a hard time and low ball you.
I haven't been in an accident or anything and I have haggertys insurance with full coverage so I guess I could always go back on collision but was just sitting here thinking.
holle199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:21 PM   #2
Mopar Lover

let hagerrty deal with this
moparted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:43 AM   #3
Mopar Fanatic

I have not been hit yet in my mopar! Having quite a bit of experience with insurance companies over the years, i would absolutely expect a hard time and or a low ball offer, no question.

The idea from moparted is the best, let Haggerty deal with them!
Myraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:03 AM   #4
Admin

Actually, call your insurance company and talk to them about it. You never know if you will get hit or give a hit. Find out who they deal with local to you that can do the repairs to your Mopar and then give them a call and see if and how most of those claims are handled.
78D200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:50 AM   #5

I got rear ended about 5 or 6 years ago and my car (67 Coronet 500) recieved minor damage to the rear bumber, tail light, tail light houseing, quarter panel extension and quarter panel. I located all the parts that were damaged and made an itemized list ofvthem with prices and turned it in to the other drivers insurance and they cut me a check for all the parts and for any shop time that was required. I had all the parts in my garage from a parts car, so the insurance company basically bought the parts from me based on the highest prices i could find on the internet. Not sure if I would be so lucky if it happened again.
Bigmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:42 AM   #6
Mopar Lover

First if someone hits you it's time to play hard ball. You are the one in control !!!
TVLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:04 PM   #7
Mopar Fanatic

I was rear ended in my 77 Dodge W200 two summers ago on my way to a friends place. I was stopped at a traffic light when it happened. No damage to my truck but, the front end of the lady's little car was totally wrecked. No one was injured. We parted ways since she admitted being at fault and no damage was done to me.

All I have is State Farm liability. I figured if anything happen to my trucks the insurance would total them. If a squirrel fell out of a tree and hit the hood... totaled.

I could be wrong but I've always assumed that if you don't have special insurance and your vehicle is over 10 years old. It's getting totaled by the insurance company.
dodgem880 is offline   Reply With Quote