FSJ Vs. Me and the winner is...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
FSJ Vs. Me and the winner is...

ME!

This is what happened. Tom (a friend of mine) and I showed up at Kali's house to get one of my jeeps out of there. The jeep is a 79 golden eagle with no front axle or springs. We had the front end jacked up and slid the trailer uder the front of it and tried to get the whole jeep onto the trailer. No luck. So We figured we would leave it there and come back some other day with a different plan. So I told Tom to just gun it and the vehicle will stay there. Well after a little jacking and backing up, we got the jeep off the trailer.
Here is where it getts good. I figured that since we had the jeep up in the air, we might as well put the jackstands under it. Well as I was placing the jack stand on the driver's side, I saw the jeep start to come at me and fall on me. As this was happening, I quickly leaned forwards ( i was facing towards the rear of the jeep and went into the fenderwell. If I had gone the other way the jeep would have landed on my spine causing who knows what kind of damage and pain to me.
Well Kali is standing there staring at me, not saying anything and Tom is running back and forth screaming like a little girl. I started to laugh a little when I saw Tom, a full grown man< screaming in a high pitched voice. I was able to wiggle my toes and could feel everything so I knew nothing major was wrong with me. As tom is running around like a chicken with his head cut off, I had to calm him down and told him to get the other floor jack. he handed it to Kali and I took it from him and jacked up the jeep myself and got out, stood up, walked around, leaned back and then looked at Tom and Kali and said that I think my back was better now than before (kept having a stiff back). Tom is still flipping out, Kali is still speachless and I'm there laughing about it because there was no point in me being crazy like Tom.

Now before some people say "you are so lucky","you could be/should be dead", "you could have had a broken back or been paralized", "what are you, stupid? who laughs at that?", I know and understand what could have happened. It could have and should have been more serious than just a couple of scratches on my butt and a couple of black and blues. I just don't see the point is getting all freaked out by it after I find out that I'm fine.

I didn't post a pic because the scrtaches and bruising is all at the top of my butt and I didn't think it would be good to post a pic of my butt on here.