Message from Holly to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Old As Dirt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Message from Holly to the forum

First off let me introduce myself, I am Jake's daughter Holly and I am writing this to the new friends my dad has made on this forum, after my mom passed away 2 years ago not to much has brought out the Jake that you know, he has not showed any interest in the things that once were a daily routine like his large passion for cars and hunting. By chance he came across this site and the friends he has made are responsible for putting that sparkle back in his eyes, a gentleman named Archer has really helped my dad come back out his shell with the many things they have in common, and my whole family thanks you for making an old man near the end of his life feel 20 again - 2 nights ago while out on his walk with my daughter 3 sub-human low life pieces of **** attempted to rob him, my dad being the person he is don't scare too easy and according to my daughter he did give them the chance to run, that's when the knife was pulled on him and of coarse they had no idea that my dad is a master at hand to hand combat and knife fighting ( i'm sure some here know his service record) - to make a long story short dad was cut pretty bad on the arm 36 stitches but is ok, the 3 goofs are all in the hospital with 2 in intensive care from head injuries and the smart one who pulled the knife out now has 2 broken arms too deal with, he might be 71 but he is still a force to be reckoned with and this out come has showed that again - The police in all their wisdom decided to charge my dad with assault causing bodily harm x 3 and they told him be thankful its not attempted murder, hold on a second here who was robbing who and is that not self defence?, this is the thanks he gets for taking scumbags off the street, where is the justice in all this, I can't wait for this court date to see the look on peoples faces when they see a 71 year old man who defended himself & my daughter against 3 15 year old PUNKS on trial - My dad is really mad and very disappointed he can't come on here to chat with the friends he's made but he will be better in a couple of weeks and will return asap - I just wanted to let people know where he was and thank you all personally for making him feel very welcome in this forum, it has helped more then anything since my mom passed away and me, my brothers/sisters & all the grand kids are forever in your debt for showing a great man that your never too old to run with the pack, Forever grateful to you all, Holly B.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats some pretty messed up stuff there trying to charge him with.
please give him my best wishes to a speedy recovery
Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Holly;

You tell ol Jake sweeperking gots his back, anything I can do to help out here I will. I wish him a speedy recovery and please keep me (us) posted.

Scott (your friendly neighborhood sweeperking)
Old 06-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 170 Likes on 166 Posts
Holly -

I don't have to tell you how great a guy your dad is, and I am really sorry to hear that happened. Glad he was able to take care of himself and your daughter, and I know the court will see through the BS.

I've really enjoyed the conversations we've had and expect many more! Please send him my, and our best - and tell him he better be in shape for that new ride of his!

Archer
Old 06-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm glad to hear he made it out of the ordeal. But Mad as hell that they would even consider charging him with such BS! I don't know who the DA is but it sounds like he needs to be taken out back and have the hell beat out of him. If some body were to pull a knife on me in the same situation, they would have been shot! North Carlina is a Shall Issue Conceal Carry State, and I don't knife fight. But Glad to here he whooped up on them good and your daughter is safe. Hope he gets well enough soon to look after you and your daughter.
Send him my best.
Joe
Old 06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank God he is ok
hope he gets back on soon
Old 06-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Mopar Fanatic

glad to hear sgt is ok sounds to me that those little punks got what they were asking for they say lady justice is blind sadly she is a bit stupid also i am sure sgt will make it thru this load of crap he is facing and will be back with his friends in no time tell sgt we miss him and get well soon men and women like him are the reason we here in the usa have the freedoms we do god bless him and your entire family
Old 06-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Mopar Lover

that's nuts! good to hear he's ok, I'm sure it will all work out.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Admin

Received 200 Likes on 195 Posts
Tell him that we all are thinking about him and hope that he has a very fast recovery.

As far as the police charging him with assault, that is bogus. What you may want to look into is talking to the police chief about it.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Mopar Lover

Stuff like this really frosts my cookies.
Hang in there Sarge. Holly please pass along best wishes from all of us.

Some days you're better off just digging a hole instead of getting the cops involved. How dare they charge a man that kept their asses safe.
Tell Sarge I still have a shovel...
Old 06-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I sure hope he gets better soon! We've all known Jake for a few weeks, maybe a month or two, but Jake is a VERY nice guy!

If theres anything we can do, let us know. I'm sure we could all pool our minds together and figure something out!

Three 15 year old kids F**K it up for EVERYONE involved. I hope they learned their lessons about getting their asses handed to them by an "old" guy!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Admin

Holly,

If you get the chance to find any links to news articles about this, please post them up. I'm sure that the local news media will have a field day with this. I'd like to post it up on some other forums as well.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
I wish him a fast recovery. Make sure those charges make it to the local media. Public pressure will go a long way to change a DA's thinking.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Admin

Originally Posted by fivepoint
Public pressure will go a long way to change a DA's thinking.
My exact thinking.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Mopar Lover

Originally Posted by fivepoint
I wish him a fast recovery. Make sure those charges make it to the local media. Public pressure will go a long way to change a DA's thinking.
Yes, have this tried in the media before it ever hits the courts. He is a hero and should be recognized as such. A Marine friend of mine told me he would rather be tried by twelve of his peers than carried by 6 of his friends. Good luck to him, he is in our thoughts.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy4Carz.Com
A Marine friend of mine told me he would rather be tried by twelve of his peers than carried by 6 of his friends.
Amen to that!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Holly your Dad was talking about how he named his kids... I knew right then this guy is alright!

Listen, I am sure that there are steps and procedures that the courts have to go through to make sure everything turns out right in the end. In a situation such as this is, being so obvious who was in the wrong I don't believe for minute there is a darn thing to worry about. Not charging him could be looked at as the DA deciding the case before it goes to court. And there are three minors in the hospital, someone will be demanding that all avenues be explored. But in the end, Sgt. will be exonerated and all will be well. You have nothing to fear, however I do understand even the thought of this is upsetting.

Praise our Lord that your daughter is alive and well, and Dad will be okay soon. Pray for the young would be muggers that their encounter with Sgt. will turn their lives around, the old boy may have changed three lives for the better.

Joe.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Mopar Lover

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Glad to hear he'll be back Holly, and like someone above said, get some media coverage on this. If the locals won't cover it, get hold of the VFW, NRA, and Fox News. I'd say there would suddenly be some high power people looking at this from around the nation and Jake could sit back and grin (again) at the stupidity of what's going on. Tell him he's in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Old As Dirt

Thank you everyone your a great bunch of people and I see why my dad loves this forum, I posted a update on what is happening, thanks again, Holly
Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Old As Dirt

[quote=Barfly;46944]Holly your Dad was talking about how he named his kids... I knew right then this guy is alright!

lol yes and my mom drew the line when Mallory was going to be Hemi & Al was to be wedge, silly old bugger but we love him.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 117 Likes on 115 Posts
Holly, just got to read the details of Sarge's runin with those "Punks". Very glad to hear he will be OK... Tell him we all are thinking and praying for his speedy recovery.... Also, If by some stupid chance this goes to trial I want to volunteer for the jury...... I got a spot for those punks already picked out!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 PM
A.K.A Bob Dodge

i just read it my self and that is total bs he got charged...i read the other post and see the charges were dropped. thats good! ppl that have to steal from others are scum. to have to use a knife they should be shot with a co2 powerd bb gun in the legs every day of thier sentence wont kill them but will hurt like a s.o.b
Old 06-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Mopar Lover

Holly, just came from your PM to this forum to find out what happened. It does not surprise me that he took on three without a second thought...it is what my old man would have done. Don't worry about the charges, this one is so clear cut, there is no way he willl be successfully prosecuted. Those punks apparently didn't know they were dealing with a real man. I know Sarge cannot write, and I appreciate you doing it for him. If you would be willing to PM a phone number, I would be happy to call and visit if he would like that. Sarge will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Mopar Fanatic

Call your local newspaper and give them the story, I'm sure they'd love to print it. They'll be happy to make the police department look like idiots for charging your father (I used to be a police officer myself). You might also call a lawyer and talk to him. That one of the muggers used a deadly weapon in the commission of a robbery should have made it okay for your father to defend himself with "deadly force". Ask the lawyer if the police department can be sued for wrongful prosecution, etc. You might be able to find a lawyer attached to the local VFW or American Legion who would take special interest in the case.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Whats the newest update?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Mopar Lover

I sent Jake an e-mail so we will see.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Mopar Lover

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

good old jake the mus .
what a champ i have ultra respect for all the jakes of the world out there fight on . a few more scar's for the old warhorse .